Final Monthly Pay Not Paid by Ex-Employer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone can give me help. I have recently left my last job due to personal circumstances (which was near the end of August), before leaving, I had recieved a pay slip and was told I will be getting my pay on the last working day of the month (31st Aug). When I checked my balance, there was no payment in or pending transaction waiting to be paid. I had called to have a word with the company accountant - who said there has been a 'cock-up' with the payroll system and that I should recieve it on the 1st of Sept. When checking my account balance again, there was still no sign of any transactions going in. I had to borrow money from a friend to cover this months mortgage, plus with Eid in a weeks time, I have many expenses. I had spoken to the accountant again, he simply replied with 'i don't know what's wrong, it should have been paid'. I spoke to my bank over the phone who said there are no payments waiting to go in to my account. After speaking to him on the 3rd occassion, he said he will check with their company bank to see if the payment was made and was told he would call me back. He did not call me back, I gave it till today. Having spoke to him, the accountant replied with 'our bank told us the payment went through' - but why isn't it showing on my account balance or pending transactions? I replied that the treatment I am recieving is unfair, as I worked for the company 4 weeks in August, that I shouldn't be begging for my earnings.

I just need some advice - are they just fobbing me off without paying me or should I take legal action against them?

You should send them a Letter Before Action, detailing the amount of money that you are owed, and demanding payment within 7 days (send the letter Recorded Delivery) of receipt of the letter, or that you will be forced to issue a claim for an Unlawful Deduction from Wages, contrary to Section 13 of the Employment Rights Act 1996.

Should get them moving - Good Luck!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!