Response received from Apex following CCA request - what next?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following advice from here, I sent CCA request to Apex Credit Management who bought by CC debt from Egg over a year ago - up until recently I was just paying them without question.

They replied to my CCa request as follows (sorry cant scan letter on):

"We confirm we have referred this account to Egg for them to provide a copy of your agreemtn under CCA 1974, to enable us to deal with your queries"

"We have placed your account on hold and you will not receive any further contact from us until we have the received documents from EGG"

"We will continue to chase Egg, but would like to manage your expectations by explaining that we are limited on the number of requests we are able to send".

My question is - what do I do next - it seems to me that they dont have copy of CCA and unlikley to get it. Are they saying I should stop paying them until they respond further or that I should continue paying them and they just wont give me updates until the CCA is received from Egg??

Should I just issue the next account in default letter advising I will not be paying, they responded to my CCA request in 3 days so they do still have time within the 12 +2 days situation. Should I wait till then and then send the 2nd letter??

Thanks for any pointers/assistance

M

You can stop paying whilst the account is on hold. It's your call and depends on what end game you are playing. Personally I always stop paying in this situation but will resume token payments if they find a CCA.

Thanks for the advice, can I maybe suggest to them we write off the o/s debt - I have paid them close to £1k since November last year and if they cant provide CCA I didnt need to pay them at all??

On basis that they have bought the debt for a small figure and I have paid approx 11% of the o/s debt to them they probably made out of it anyway??

Anyone had similar experience. I am very nervous about stopping paying but my financial state is getting worse and this extra part would really help. I am very conscious of repaying every penny of what I owe but I do blame my creditors a lot for letting me have more credit without me asking and when I had no real way of repaying it!

If they don't have a CCA you still owe the money but it can't be enforced in court. If the CCA doesn't turn up it's not unknown AFAIK for them to give up but they may sell the debt on or continue hounding you. At that point you may want to try a low full and final settlement offer if you can afford it and if your goal is to get all debts dealt with. If that's not your goal, or if they produce a valid CCA, I personally would be looking to make small monthly payments while looking in the longer term to get a settlement at a big discount.

My goal is to get all debts settled as soon as possible. I have been paying 6 credits reduced DMP payments for close to 4 years now and its getting harder as my personal circumstances worsen - so I am going to need to reduce payments to them all soon. However since joing this group I have more faith in dealing with it properly and got some excellent advise - I'm hoping that as Egg sold my then debt at around £7k to Apex I have since paid close to £1k to Apex they may eventually expect something nominal as a Full and Final offer. Any ideas of what % they may accept?? Are we looking at 20-40%? Or less?. I guess Apex really paid pence for the debt - I have heard mabe as low as 1% of o/s balance, any truth in that?