Please please, some help needed

Frankie001

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm going to keep this simple as my longer posts don't get any replies!

We got a second hand car from a dealer in June, it's broken down three times, now it is off the road completely. Dealer was NOT helpful, and refusing to pay for repairs. We've done all the correct process so far, but considering the car cost £750, and so far repairs have cost £400 plus another potential £800, we now want to reject the car.

My question is, after two months but much to-ing and fro-ing with the dealer, are we still entitled to ask for a full refund? Will we also be able to claim for the repairs. We are prepared to go all the way and take this to court if we have to, but only if we know we have a case.

I would really appreciate some advice on this.

Thanks

I don't suppose you have a legal protection insurance policy, sometimes attached to home contents insurance, so you can ask a qualified lawyer? Perhaps, you could get one if you don't and then ask their telephone help line.

I read your other posts and thought you had a good case (didn't you say that the problem had to be fixed before buying and they agreed???) but I didn't post because car problems are notoriously difficult.