• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Right thats it I am doing it on Friday 3/9/10

middleaged
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I am giving up smoking this Friday, cause mum passed away last week due to smoking at the young age of 53, and I dont want to. It is a joint effort/competition between me, 2 sister in laws and two brothers on who can do it and last the longest. I have picked Friday cause its the funeral tomorrow and I will have a hangover after it, and cant smoke when hungover anyway.

Got some patches in preperation already for Friday, but I know I am gonna need lots of support from you guys - please!!!!

So I will be here on a regular basis with an update and to check out how you are all doing.

Thanks for reading

Hi middelaged.

I am a failed non smoker and still going to keep trying.

Sometimes it's that kind of kick you need ( sorry for your loss)

I'll be retrying with patches again on Monday so good luck

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Ok, so I stopped along with the rest of the family members on Friday 3.9.10. I have not used any NRT and have not had a cig, HOORAY!!!!!! , but the rest of the family only lasted until Saturday which of course means I win the bet.

In the last few days I have cried, slept very badly, been so irritated I threw a coat hanger at my hubby (he doesnt care, he is just glad I am not smoking).

I am really gonna keep trying hard to keep going!!!

Good luck to everyone trying to give up!!!!!

Well done middleaged, i gave up in 1979 it was hard but i did it and have never smoked again my lungs are clean, it is hard and you will have bad days when you think "oh ive had enoguh im gonna start again" but if you do then you will only let yourself down no one else, as you get older your lungs dont work so well but smoking will make it worse, and it wont do your heart any good either keep it going think of all the money you will save, put it away in a box and see just how much you will have to buy yourself a new outfit or something else keep going dont give up

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have done 3 full weeks, very very proud of myself. Ordered a Kindle of Amazon to treat myself with the money I have saved - saving money on perfume cause I smell better. I can walk the dogs for longer without getting out of breathe, this is good cause I am eating more.

I just cant explain how fantastic and proud of myself I feel having done it for this short space of time.

• 1 month later...

Ive ben smoking for the best patr of 40 years. Been to the docs on various occasions, had chest x rays etc and always been told that am a non smoker and had the lungs and respiratory system of someone of 30. A few quacks have all told me that. So whilst still receiving this good news at 53 years old, I was still intent on packing it in. I found this product called www.clearsmoke.co.uk which is an e-cigarette with a nicotine cartridge which is the same amount as 20 fags. Ive ben using this for 3 days, and just need a drag when the addition calls. Its just like a real fag but withount the 400 or so chemicals that we all have been drawing into our bodies. The end of the fag glows when you drag it, it produces an imitation smoke which is water vapour. Im convinced that I will not retrun to the fags. It is the perfect compromise between going cold turkey and still getting the nictine buzz. The cartrdiges come in three strengths high medium low, so you can "ween" yourself accordingly. I have one packet of real fags still in sellophane wrapper and I look at these everytime I get out my clearsmoke box and say to the fags "I dont need you" Believe me they do work, but without the danger of real fags.

Im convinced that I can call myself a "non-smoker" of tobacco rpoducts, but I must confess that I will be on this for a while, but have vowed never to touch another fag again in my life. I hope that this short story can be an inspiration to other hard core somkers like me.

that sounds really good i have seen people with them, good on you for giving up, i as a past smoker found it hard but i wanted to give up so much i stuck to it, it wasnt easy, nicotine is a drug and like anything your addicted to its very hard to give it up, so well done to you all and keep going i think this page is helping many people its become a support group and thats what you all need is support your not on your own, well done again,xx

Hi middelaged.

I am a failed non smoker and still going to keep trying.

Sometimes it's that kind of kick you need ( sorry for your loss)

I'll be retrying with patches again on Monday so good luck

Ida x

Try Clearsmoke. I stopped smoking instantly and been on these for a week now. Definately the best stop smoking product Ive ever tried. After 3 days I felt nso much better after the CO and chemicals had left the body. OK, with these you are still nicotine dependant, but without the dangers. For 7.95 trial offer then 23.00 per month, until you stop, its much cheaper than fags. I now know that I will never touch another fag in my life, Im 100% sure of that.