style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all new to this and i much need of help.

was at home all day today when my partner came back from the shop she noticed and envolope jammed between the backdoor and the frame.

inside was a letter Notice of seizure of goods

with this letter was an inventory of seized goods

listing my car which i use for work.

so immediately phoned bristow and sutor and informed them that i needed the car for work and offered to pay £100 per month which they refused,

they also said that they can take the car unless im a taxi driver or something along those lines.

is there anyway i can stop them taking the car.

if i lose the car i lose my job as its 30 miles away and no public transport

From experience on here unless it is a work car/van they can take it, I've been there and the best advice is to move the car away from your house or park in a garage if you have one, mine was clamped but some kind soul took it off ;) and the car was not parked by the house until the prob was solved.

unfortunetly i own the car its not on finance its worth £300 to 400 at best in auction .

which still wont cover the £1099.98 council tax they are after.

i dont have a garage and if the cars not on a drive arround here its stolen or vandalised.

so what im hearing from other sources is this is goin to cost me a £13,500 a yr job which are hard to come by

heres a break down.

council tax £990.98

attendance to levy fee £24.50

levy fee £54.00

walking possession fee £ nil

redemption of goods fee £24.50

total £1099.98

Edited by furyan

Not necessarily.

I presume this is for council tax?

Two points spring to mind. Firstly, levied goods need to go a good way towards clearing the debt. Your car - according to you - is worth at best 30 - 40% of the debt at auction. I'd bet it'd be less. After auction fees and bailiff fees the council would be lucky to get £100 at most. There is an argument here that the bailiff is levying for their fees.

Secondly, and it may be a little different in these cash strapped council days, councils used to frown on cars being levied / clamped / removed for council debt. This is because they appreciated most people needed their car for work. No car no work no council tax arrears paid. It's a cycle worth commenting on.

Consider a Formal Complaint to the council CEO.

As I said, I assume this is CT...

Best wishes

Rae

sorry yes it is for council tax debt

i also noticed that the sums are wrong by

£6 more then what i owe

thnx will contact them in the morning.

will keep you posted on the out come

Edited by furyan

thnx for everyones advice.

i phoned the local council this morning and explained that b and s were refusing any sort of reasonable payment agreement and they had levied on my car which i need for work.

after a lengthy conversation she has agreed to interfere and instruct them to remove the levy on my car and they have to accept a reasonable payment plan of £160 per month which is affordable by myself.

again thnx for everyones valuble advice

I've just read your thread, and though you've resolved the levy issue, I notice that the bailiff left the envelope containing the inventory of seized goods jammed between your backdoor and its frame.

Just out of interest, why was the envelope not put through your letterbox?

I would think there are issues concerning the Data Protection Act, in that the bailiff was carelessly handling documents of a sensitive nature.

have no idea why he couldnt be bothered to walk arround the front to post it.

it was quite windy and suprised it didnt blow away.

but luckily for me it didnt otherwise i wouldnt have been able to stop the action.

the baliff from what im assuming wasnt the smartest of them.

on the descipton he didnt even spell my car right he had it listed as a lagoona and is adding up was out aswell.

all matters regarding this have been passed to the revenue department at local council as they requested copies

council tax £990.98

attendance to levylink3.gif fee £24.50

levylink3.gif fee £54.00

walking possession fee £ nil

redemption of goods fee £24.50

if the council have instructed the bailiff to remove the levy on the car please make sure the the bailiff has removed all fees connected with the levy

you should only have a visit fee of £24.50 on your account