• Tweets

• bit obv really... don't eat yellow snow either.   dx  
    • I know you are trivialising this as, 'Ambulance Chasing Lawyers', because they are perceived to be involved. You mention BMW (other brands as well). Counterfeit car and truck parts have been implicated, and proven to be the cause, of accidents where fatalities have occurred.   There is some considerable difference between a set of counterfeit brake pads and a fake SD Card.   The trademark infringement though, is the same.   H
    • One hope in this growing mess is that local authorities, mainly in the north west so far, like Liverpool, are developing their own systems to test and trace, filling in the gaps of what Serco et al are missing.   But they're doing it with precious little in the way of funding. In the meantime it looks as if Serco [I think it's them] will be given more hundreds of millions on top of the £100 million that hasn't been effective so far in a couple of weeks. Given that the PM has swanned off to Scotland for a couple of weeks this isn't looking good.
    • i've known 10yrs of DD's to be refunded. the company must prove a valid contract for the period. no proof the DD's all get refunded   dx  
    • They've already presented most of para 1 Unc,   but this is what worries me given the intent to not test: "On average, the coronavirus accumulates about two changes per month in its genome. "   https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/07/pandemic-virus-slowly-mutating-it-getting-more-dangerous https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7293453/     Whats that going to do with a couple of million kids with undevloped immune systems to work with? Let alone the rest of their families, and whoever they come into contact with       So with no testing until an outbreak is well in progress, and The 'world beating' Johnson waffle ap and surrounding quiz and barbecue trace infrastructure already quite clearly demonstrated it neither trustworthy, or up to the task even if it were 'trusted.   https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/05/englands-contact-tracers-making-handful-of-calls-a-month https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/aug/08/just-10-enforcement-orders-issued-for-breach-of-uk-quarantine-rules  
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
jaffy1229

I have a Charge Certificate

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3607 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently contested my parking ticket, and have just recieved a letter with the heading "Charge Certificate". Does this mean my appeal was unsuccessful?

I had a letter saying something about representation whcih I did'nt understand as I had already written to them outlining why I thought the parking ticket should not have been issued, so I ignored it as I did'nt even understand it.

Can someone tell me what I should do now?

Thanks for any help.

It would help if you told us EXACTLY what you have sent and received and the dates involved.

The parking ticket was issued on 12th June 2010

I sent a letter to contest the parking ticket, detailing my evidence (sent on 20th June 2010)

I recieved a NTO on 19th July 2010

I then recieved a Charge Certificate on 27th August 2010

My original thread about my parking ticket is here; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?263556

The parking ticket was issued on 12th June 2010

I sent a letter to contest the parking ticket, detailing my evidence (sent on 20th June 2010)

I recieved a NTO on 19th July 2010

I then recieved a Charge Certificate on 27th August 2010

My original thread about my parking ticket is here; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?263556

Oh dear!! You made an informal representation and as such you should still have responded to the NTO.

This is what I don't understand. I have already told them why I dispute the parking ticket so I am unsure why they would want me to repeat myself.

I had a letter saying something about representation whcih I did'nt understand so I ignored it as I did'nt even understand it.

Can you clarify whether you received actual correspondence from them, not including the Notice to Owner or Charge certificate? An actual letter?

Just read the other thread and I see you did have a reply to your first letter.

It says in their letter that you will receive a Notice to Owner - which you did. Ignoring it when it arrived was a mistake.

You can wait until they send you an Order for Recovery, at which stage you can formally contest the progression of this case, with a view to getting another Notice to Owner issued, and take things from there.

Or, you can call the Council and tell them you have misunderstood the process and ask if they will send you another Notice to Owner now, and take things from there.

Or you can pay in full (which I assume you don't want to do).

These are you only realistic options now.

Just read the other thread and I see you did have a reply to your first letter.

It says in their letter that you will receive a Notice to Owner - which you did. Ignoring it when it arrived was a mistake.

You can wait until they send you an Order for Recovery, at which stage you can formally contest the progression of this case, with a view to getting another Notice to Owner issued, and take things from there.

Or, you can call the Council and tell them you have misunderstood the process and ask if they will send you another Notice to Owner now, and take things from there.

Or you can pay in full (which I assume you don't want to do).

These are you only realistic options now.

The only grounds to contest the debt registration are:

You have not received the notice to owner or enforcement notice;

You made representations to the Local Authority but you did not receive a rejection notice; and

You made an appeal to the Parking/Traffic Adjudicator (following the rejection, by the Local Authority, of your representation) and you received no response.

None of these seem to apply so I would pay asap before you end up with baliffs on your case and further costs.

Good advice from Jamberson - it can't hurt to ask the Council again - after all you DID tell them - just not at the rtight part of the process.

On the other hand - if you DID "make representations" and they LOST or DIDN'T RECEIVE that letter - then under the Interpretaion Act they are still deemed to have got it either 2 days (1st class) or 4 days (2nd class) after you posted it. Royal Mail does lose letters from time to time - why should you be penalised if they lost your official representation sent by you within the correct timescale? If that's the case you should let them know this PDQ!

Also many Council's issue faulty NTO's - if so the NTO is worthless - check out pepipoo (?) web site for far more info on this.

Good luck - hope this helps!

BD

£50k saved and £7k charges refunded:

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

Abbey Loan/BCW 50% - saved £2k. Barclaycard/CSL 40% - saved £6k

Monument/DCA 35% - saved £1k. LTSB/Wescot 50% - saved £4k

HBOS Visa £5k charges refund via Blair Oliver Scott

RBS Direct Line/(genuine) solicitors June 2010 40% - saved £3k

Morgan Stanley/Aktiv Kapital £11k SB Nov 2010

Over £40k balance write off and charges refunds to fight for:

HBOS O/d Charges £5k. Egg Loan/Aktiv Kapital CCA Dispute £8k

Egg Card/Fredrickson taking £5 monthly but CCA & Charges Dispute £4k

Goldfish/1st Credit DN/TN Dispute £9k. Capital One/CSL charges claim £4k

Barclaycard/CSL taking £5 monthly on £10k debt

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

Thanks everyone for your advice. I have written back to the council basically saying I have yet to hear anything on my representation or appeal, hoping they will give me another chance to make a representation.

Thanks Bigdeptor for the link.

:wave:

check out pepipoo (?)

BD

:confused:

I thought CAG was a stand alone forum and not a soap box for other :deadhorse: forums.

:doh: Penny dropped I've just looked at the dates. :doh:

:wave:

dk

:welcome::rofl::welcome:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:tea:

most of my knowledge is from the school of hard knocks

not based on any legal background

As quite a lot fellow caggers state seek Legal Advice

:ranger:

I note your recognition of your somewhat tardy response but I must also counter that I thought CAG was a source of help for those who sought it - and not in competition with other such equally free to use and well supported sources of help on a variety of topics, whether Pepipoo or Martin Lewis's MSE or whatever.

I was simply pointing the poster to where I had received more information on unenforceable NTO's - not trying to "take business away from CAG" whether standing on a soap box or exploiting the significantly greater efficiency and effectiveness of a PC .

Edited by Bigdebtor

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

I have written back to the council basically saying I have yet to hear anything on my representation or appeal,

Well I hope you get the result you want - but to be clear, you were not advise to do this. The advice was:

wait until they send you an Order for Recovery, at which stage you can formally contest the progression of this case; or -

call the Council and tell them you have misunderstood the process and ask if they will send you another Notice to Owner; or -

pay in full

- keep us posted.

The council have written back saying they had not recieved my letter of representation. However, they have asked me to forward the letter within 7 days.

At this point the penalty charge has doubled. I am not sure if it will still be double, if they reject my letter.

That at least sounds hopeful - better than you would have got by having just "rolled over" before this point. Take it a stage at a time and don't be distracted by any "what if" - just focus on this opportunity for now.

I would double check the date on the copy of the representation letter they now want to see is within the timescales required for making such representation before you send it off to them - otherwise they may simply retort "you didn't make the required representation within the required timescales" - if so, that would almost certainly be game over at present.

Good luck!

BD

Bigdebtor