Lowell Portfolio 1

nishi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4815 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How would I check that??

The most recent letter I received on the 14th of September was as follows:

Dear Miss Jones

News on your credit agreement request

We have been in touch with Sygma Bank UK about the copy of your credit agreement.

They have let us know that they are trying to retreive the agreement from their archives.

As soon as we have it we will send it to you

What will happen next

In the event that we cannot obtain a copy of the agreement we will wrote to you again and inform of this. once you have seen your credit agreement we will ask you to pay your outstanding balance in full.

yours Sincerely....

I am now going to send a copy of the "account in dispute" letter...

Thanks for all your help on this by the way. Im expecting twins, and have been saving like mad for my pram. If I have to pay this, then Its making things very tight indeed!

Take care when are they expected (The Twins),

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can check online for when they received your request her;

http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track;jsessionid=SFVGYQ12KEYSKFB2IGIVGAQ;jsessionid=SFVGYQ12KEYSKFB2IGIVGAQ?catId=22700601&emt=emt&track=track&default=default&imageRootPath=&loc=en_GB&keyname=track_home&gear=track

Debts don't get wiped, if they can't find the original agreement, it simply means they cannot take any legal action against you to enforce the debt, so they won't be able to take you to court and obtain CCJ's or court orders etc, they can still "ASK" you to pay, but the decision is up to you whether you should or not.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again.

I received a letter from Lowell Portfolio today which reads as follows:

Dear Miss Jones

We refer to your recent request for a copy of the original credit agreement for this account

After liaising with sygma bank uk in an effort to obtain this document we have been advised that it is no longer available due to the legth of time since the account was opened with you

At this time we have closed our file and will not make any fuirther contact with you concerning payment against this account unless the copy of the agreement is received at some point in the future from sygma bank uk

sincerely.....

So I guess thats it then? case closed? I won?!!

Yes, for the time being you win. But don't crack open the Champers just yet, there is still plenty of time for them to come up with some reconstructed agreement so they can continue their harassment!

Keep that letter and make a couple of copies of it, for when the next coach load of monkeys come along trying to steal your bananas. That is about the fourth or fifth one I've seen this week where lowlifes have backed down and given up...?....is this the calm before the storm? Two months before Crimbo?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hello again.

I received a letter from Lowell Portfolio today which reads as follows:

Dear Miss Jones

We refer to your recent request for a copy of the original credit agreement for this account

After liaising with sygma bank uk in an effort to obtain this document we have been advised that it is no longer available due to the legth of time since the account was opened with you

At this time we have closed our file and will not make any fuirther contact with you concerning payment against this account unless the copy of the agreement is received at some point in the future from sygma bank uk

sincerely.....

So I guess thats it then? case closed? I won?!!

case closed, the letter they sent is indeed a free ticket for a spin on the dca merry go round.

Oh yes, the Magic Roundabout with dougal Zebedee, and Ermintrude to name but a merry few, there is an episode to reminisce her....

PLEASE DON'T CAGbot THAT LINK!!!!

• 2 months later...
Have received the CCA. Sent by them on the 15th of December 2010.

What should my next step be?? Is that it now? should I just pay the outstanding debt?

No no, it's not as simple as that, once you have scanned and posted it up, others will be able to look at it and advise whether it is enforceable or not, and whether or not it is indeed a CCA!

Please ensure you remove all ID, names, addresses, ref numbers, bar codes and funny little bar code boxes.

The basics sort of seem to be there, however, they don't seem to have sent you a statement of all payments made to the account, interest charged to date, admin charges to date, etc.

I was under the impression that, if asked, they should supply a full, up-to-date statement - otherwise you have no way of knowing if the total amount they're claiming is correct/legal, which I would have thought is a major point... You may be able to send an Account Still In Dispute letter, explaining the above. See what others say.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

H. x

• 2 weeks later...