Lowell Portfolio 1

nishi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently received a letter from Lowell portfolio 1 claiming that I owe them £736.33 due to a debt they bought from Sygma bank. This debt, I had thought, had been cleared by a debt consolidation loan, which was fully paid off in january 2009.

They had originally sent a letter regarding this about a month, maybe 2 months ago, and I said I wanted proof. They sent me the current letter along with some copy statements dating back to 2006. 3 of which are duplicates. All of which show only interest for cash, interest for purchases and insurance premium. another page shows ***no description found***

None of the statements provided show an actual purchase I could have made, I;e; a purchase from a store.

I need to know what to do now. whether I can challenge this or not?????

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, nishi.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

I'll send you a PM.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

no, they havent sent any of that. what would i write in one of those letters requesting one??

Their letter is worded as follows...

we write in respect of the above debt, which as previously notified in writing we have purchased from sygma bank uk

we are now entitled to receive the payment of the balance of £736.33 from you and enclose a cpy of your statement as requested. neither sygma bank uk nor ourselves are aware of any reason for non payment.

please kindly make payment of the outstanding debt or contact us within 7 days of the date opf this letter to agree acceptable payment proposals, failing which we reserve the right to instruct our solicitor to issue legal proceedings against you without further notice.

yours sincerely...

Letter N in the templates section here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?20758

Send it recorded delivery, don't sign it just type out and print your name, send off and wait to see what nonsense they come back with. In the meantime as the debt is in dispute they cannot take any action and DCAs (Debt Collection Agencies) don't have any powers to do anything anyway, so don't worry we'll see what they come back with.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

To clarify the 12 days + 2, that's 12 working days plus 2 working days. Don't count weekends or Bank Holidays.

Make sure you keep a copy of anything you send, don't sign it, just print your name and always keep the Post Office Recorded Delivery slip - staple it to your letter!

Hi nishi

You have to be sent a Statement of Account by whoever "The owner" is

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

grrrrrr :x

Sorry nishi for some reason my message "Sent" before I finished

Yes that's just a Statement so nothing to worry about IMO, your CCA request is another matter

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Just an alledged statement, don it look pretty? CCA request they have 12+2 working days (Mon-Fri) to respond, after account in dispute until an enforceable CCA arrives if ever, also admit to nothing to who ever without posting on CAG o.kay?

Edited by Old Cogger
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Just an alledged statement, don it look pretty? CCA request they have 12+2 working days (Mon-Fri) to respond, after account in dispute until an enforceable CCA arrives if ever, also admit to nothing to who ever without posting on CAG o.kay?
send this one with your details etc if necessary if not received CCA in time limit, send everything Recorded Delivery you send to any of them.

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE.doc

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 3 weeks later...

Have you checked to see if they have signed for your request yet? As by my reckoning, if you sent it 1st class on the 1st of Sept, they should have received it the following day, and 12 working days from them gives them till the 20th to reply.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

How would I check that??

The most recent letter I received on the 14th of September was as follows:

Dear Miss Jones

News on your credit agreement request

We have been in touch with Sygma Bank UK about the copy of your credit agreement.

They have let us know that they are trying to retreive the agreement from their archives.

As soon as we have it we will send it to you

What will happen next

In the event that we cannot obtain a copy of the agreement we will wrote to you again and inform of this. once you have seen your credit agreement we will ask you to pay your outstanding balance in full.

yours Sincerely....

I am now going to send a copy of the "account in dispute" letter...

Thanks for all your help on this by the way. Im expecting twins, and have been saving like mad for my pram. If I have to pay this, then Its making things very tight indeed!