I am owed.

sameagle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just popped over from the "Parking and PPC" forum, for a few minutes.

I have a small, part time, two days per week, handyman business, although window cleaning represents 95% of my trade.

As with most businesses, I get a few that never seem to be at home when it's collecting time, but this one has annoyed me.

Last November, I was asked to clean the windows of a house, not far from here, on the basis of alternate months, the price was £7 per clean, the request being from the man of the house.

They are a young couple, having been married a year they told me, he is a young copper, she a nurse.

I did November, but when January came, we were in the throes of icy chills, and my water was refusing to come out of the brush, so I had to abandon the clean, along with some others, until the end of Feb.

Did the clean, submitted a bill for fourteen quid, together with SAE, and had to chase it until mid April when she sent me a cheque, for the correct amount, which promptly bounced!

No children, both working nights, and a fourteen quid cheque bounces?

My local "bloke in the pub" reckons that a serving police officer or his family, issuing such a cheque, is breaking "Police Regs", and I could get payment from the Police Force, if I report it.

Does anybody know if this is correct?

Yes, I also know that if I do report it, I'll get stopped for all sorts of "Routine Checks", something that hasn't happened to me for 27 years, but you know what they are like.

I just want to know where I stand.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Hi........ both the Officer and the Nurse could well be in trouble if this came to a head. Police regs are basically a police officer is not allowed to continue in the office of constable if he becomes a bankrupt. £14 is not a lot but it may only be symptomatic of a greater problem. Nurses are not allowed under their own NMC Guidelines to bring nursing into disrepute. This could be a situation that goes that route too, although it would need to be a lot worse.

What I suggest you do is write a letter and send it recorded delivery asking for payment for the outstanding sum. Point out that you have been advised that PC ? Nurses are subject to restrictions and rules and although not a great sum of money it means something to you. Explain that you are also advised that a letter to the Chief Superintendent / Hospital employer could be the only way of resolving the matter as it may be symptomatic of a bigger problem. Also that the bouncing of the cheque could be evidence of Evasion of a Liability (see below)

That should spur them into action.

Give them a date for cash to be paid by.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/RevisedStatutes/Acts/ukpga/1978/cukpga_19780031_en_1

Hope that works for you. Also you may be doing the force a favour!!!!!

thanks ... i wonder if i can tweak any method(s) for getting

paid back money owed to me that i read from this forum ??

what are the best ways to get money back from a

[problem] hyip ? ... or " any " online [problem] ?

thanks ... i wonder if i can tweak any method(s) for getting

paid back money owed to me that i read from this forum ??

what are the best ways to get money back from a

[problem] hyip ? ... or " any " online [problem] ?

What do you mean?

]

Thanks Pa Pa Smurf,

It seems that my enquiry has prompted a reply from someone else who is owed - there must be lots of us!

I'll take your advice, and I'll continue to watch this thread.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!