Apple not honoring warranty?

dj9928
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got an iPhone 3G in May time, come June Apple released IOS4 update which has effectively killed my phone, It crashes, is slow sluggish. I contacted Apple who wouldn't admit it was IOS4 that was the issue but they sent me a brand new replacement which came with IOS4 and is having the same issues, I have been phoning them steady from July and they say they can do nothing for me, they admit there is a fault but at the min there is nothing that can be done, I have had to resort to using my old Nokia phone as my iPhone is so unreliable, I have asked them to replace the phone with a 3GS and got told no, there is nothing they can do, and my provider Orange say there is nothing they can do so I am effectively stuck.

As I used the iPod side of things on my iPhone alot my kids got me an iPod touch for my birthday as I was unable to use it on my iPhone, it came with IOS4 and is having the exact same issues, I have contacted them but after explaining the situation with my iPhone etc again short of exchanging there is nothing they can do, but as this problem effects all iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G its pointless exchanging again.

I have posted on there help forums about these issues but they just remove my posts, where do I stand?

What warranty? they are not doing anything!

Exactly my point they are not doing anything, nor can they do anything, where do I stand? Argos will exchange the iPod but I could just stand in store returning them until they are out of stock as every 1 is the same

IPod? What iPod? You were talking about the iPhone, a different product entirely. The IOS4 is impeded by the 3G processor, a problem known but warned about in iTunes when the user accepts the upgrade. This is not a case of your update being faulty, but the phone's inability to make the fullest use of it.

The solution is to restore the older v3 OS and leave it at that. They are correct in not offering a trade up to 3GS, as this is a higher spec model and would be betterment.