Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3672 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I'm new to the site but been lurking for a while.

I've been signing since the middle of July when I moved home from uni, and the job hunt it going ok-ish. At my last signing session, was given a details of a vacancy to apply for- working as a care assistant. Didn't really want to apply for it, I did a work placement as part of my degree in a Scope day centre, and I know it's not a job that I could handle full time. (I ended up coming home nearly crying every day after placement)

Anyway, I intended to call up about this job as I had been instructed, but completely forgot. Anyway, remembered today, and I have missed the deadline by a few days. I'm really worried that when I go and sign on tomorrow, they will stop my benefits because I haven't applied for this job.

I've applied for about ten jobs in the last fortnight, and had two interviews so it's not like I haven't been applying. Just so flipping annoyed at myself! :mad:

Probably not the best person to give advice but as you are still within 13 weeks of signing up I think you are ok being late with apply with this job and you have say you had interviews and applied for other jobs. Let another poster just confirm this.

He is my advice with regards to the Job Seeker Centre.

Make sure you get evidence for applying for jobs especially after 13 weeks. When you get print out handed to you by the job advisor make sure you apply for them and have evidence at hand. If you send an email to apply make sure you have "Read Receipt" and "Delivery Receipt" turned on in Outlook or ask for a reply from the person you are asking about a vacancy within your email. Keep hold of your save copies as that will record the date and time you sent it if the person on the other end would not reply (like I had). If you can not do that and have to apply VIA post make sure you send it VIA special delivery. Hope this is few and far between as £6 will mount up if you are doing a lot but it’s that or lose JSA £200+ a month with no proof that you sent it. If that is not an option then I would log and record the time you phoned the person and his or hers name.

Hate to sound harsh but the job advisers could not give a flying f*** if you have applied for other jobs or got interviews even with evidence. If you do not apply for the jobs they print off and hand to you they will sanction your benefit.

I am annoyed with the Job Centre advisors as I put a interview over a potential vacancy just on the 13th week. Common sense does not apply and you are guilty until proven innocent. I’ve have now lost £400+ in JSA because of preparing and chasing up an interview.

Hope I am going to help you not falling into the same trap as I did.

Edited by Greer8472