Beko S502 White Electric Cooker from Argos Direct by phone

craig.reading
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a Beko S502 White Electric Cooker from Argos Direct by phone, deciding to pay using a Argos Credit buy now pay later. :|

I recieved the item on 15-06-2010, the delivery manifest was the only reciept I have apart from a non-descript itemisation of a purchase listed on my argos store card. I did not recieve a proper reciept and assume the delivery sheet is the receipt.:|

Last Saturday, 28-08-2010 the oven failed on this appliance - however the hobs still function.:-x

Today I contacted ArgosDirect because about the breakdown and explained that I feel dubious about the build quality of this product. In response Argos transferred my call to Beko, who in turn has referred it to an external company FE Services to simply come out and assess the breakdown.

I am without an oven for the meantime and will imagine that this fourth party (who has to call me in 48 hours to arrange visit) engineer cannot repair it on his visit I will have to go through a prolonged waiting period until I am able to use an oven again, due to the nature of the decision making process and the different levels of organisation.

If the repair doesn't occur on site, then I think the engineer will not be able to take it away, and someone up the chain of command will have to decide that I need an temporary oven after a day or so and this could take a week to happen after that. Although I note that Argos do not stock the same model of oven on line.:confused:

My question is what is a reasonable time under law when we are dealing with essential items like this cooker?

My next question concerns what can I expect from the retailer?

I have indicated that I would like a refund as after 10 weeks I am a little disappointed with the quality of this particular model. When am I in the best position to successfully challenge the retailer to provide a refund and what law text do I cite in doing so?

If the retailer decides to replace with another appliance, does it have to be new like the original purchase? and DO I still get the same 12 months of protection as indicated under statutory law etc?:!:

As for the inconvenience in the whole process, how does the law describe that particular area with concern to my cooker purchase and its subsequent lengthy course to have it rectified by the retailer?

If you can help. BW

Craig Reading