Fletch2006

FOS won't look at my complaint

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3627 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good afternoon,

After complaining to shop direct group (great universal) about mis-sold PPI & sending them the recommended FOS PPI questionnaire I got the usual sod off & go away letters.

So I of course then complained to FOS & filled in the complaint form & sent them a copy of the questionnaire I had previously sent to the company. I have now received a reply that basically states - " Having looked at the information you have supplied to me, it appears that your complaint against the firm relates to events which occured when it was not a member of the General Insurance Standards Council (GISC). 'As the firm membership did not begin until 22 December 2003 and ended on 13 January 2005 I am afraid that your complaint is not one that the Financial Ombudsman Service is able to consider".

So does anyone know what ,if anything, can be done next - complain to FSA?

Thanks in advance for any advice, Cheers.

Fletch,

Personally I very much doubt the FSA will take on individual consumer issues, they have FOS for that.

I suspect the only option now open to you may be the small claims route.

Interested to see what others think.

DJ

O.K. I thought that might be the case, thanks DJ. Not sure whether I will pursue it down that the small claims avenue.