Orange pay as you go top up problem - hope the customer team are reading

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last Tuesday, a week ago, I purchased £10 credit for my pay as you go, direct from the Orange site. I have always done this in the past and never had a problem.

After about 4 hours I went to make a call and was informed that I did not have enough credit. I looked for the text you send to confirm I had topped up - nothing.

I rang Orange. They explained they had a major problem and this would resolve itself within 24 hours and my top up would go on my phone. I was a bit disgruntled, however, I was confident that they were telling the truth.

On the Wednesday, still no credit, so rang again. To cut it short I have now rung 6 times, on my landline, which has cost me more money. It is a week today that I handed over my £10. No credit.

Finally, today, when I was due to go and do some private work, I discovered I still had no credit. Now this job I took on for today was at £8.75 an hour. It is a job where I have to ring in on arrival, and ring out when I leave - hence the need for my phone. I then get the cost of any calls back in expenses. But, because it is against H & S for me to go to these places with no means of communication (lone working), I haven;t been able to go, the opportunity to earn £80 plus for an odd days work doesn't come along very often for me, so I have lost out big time because of this. And, no, on principal, I will not go to the shop and purchase another £10 of credit, they already took my £10 and they will not have another. Plus I no longer trust them.

It is fair to say that with each phone call I was given an odd £1 or 15 mins credit - what the f....? I need to use that bloody phone for as long as i want, when I want.

The icing on the cake - finally this morning I get through to someone who insists there is no supervisor or team leader anymore, even though it states in their terms "you will have the option to speak to a supervisior so on and so forth if you have a complaint". However, he accepted that Orange had in fact taken my money and provided no service, apologised, and offered to pay the £10 back into my bank account. He said it was no longer possible to top up my phone from the £10 I paid them last week. Disgruntled again, I have no choicde to accept this.

However, now I am fuming, because he told me that this £10 would be in my account in a few hours. This at 9.10am this morning. I have checked my bank, and telephoned the bank, there is no £10 and none due to go in either. More lies. I was also promised a call on my mobile to confirm the refund had taken place. And guess what? Left in the dark and fed ****e.

I have now lost a much needed day's employment, probably paid out about £10 on landline calls which last for ages, and had my phone restricted to however much credit Orange deem necessary for my purposes.

Absolutely cheap and disgusting Orange. Tomorrow morning I shall go to the town, get a new phone on a contract, about the furthest I can get away from Orange, and I'm just glad I am a member of this site so i can let everybody know what has happened and give them the opportunity to make up their own minds about Orange.

And I will get my £10 back even if I have to visit Orange and prise it out of them with a fork.

No idea how I managed to post this so many times! Perhaps the Site Team might delete the unwanted five repeat threads?

As an update I have now had another phone call from the man I spoke to this morning, to inform me that despite him saying my tenner would be back in my bank account in a few hours, it will now take another 48 hours and he cannot even tell me whether this will be credit on my phone or back into my bank!

This morning I was cross because he wouldn;t contemplate putting the credit on my phone. This decided me to finish with orange tomorrow, and get a contract phone with another provider. So, now I say I will have the money in my account instead of credit, and they can;t even get that right!

Do I have "FOOL" written on my forehead? I know this is only £10 but its the principle of the whole thing!

Oh, yes, this time they said that many thousands of people were having the same problem. More lies - I'm sure out of many thousands, more than one of them would be posting on here about it!

Deal in writing to :-

Orange Customer Services

PO Box 10

Patchway

Bristol

BS32 4BQ

Tell them what you want to rectify this error, if they have caused you any out of pocket expenses, tell them to refund those etc... Ask them to refund this money to your bank account and confirm in writing or to send you a DEADLOCK letter. Keep your letter polite and assertive, let them know how long you have been a happy customer and tell them that should your complaint go as far as CISAS, not only will orange have incurred the costs of that complaint, they will also have lost you as a customer.

Let us know the outcome.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

No idea how I managed to post this so many times! Perhaps the Site Team might delete the unwanted five repeat threads?

5 threads removed.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Guest Orange Response

Hi jackieandwayne

I work for Orange and may be able to help. If you can drop me a mail to [email protected], I'll have a look at this for you. So I can pick up your mail quickly, please add 'Andy Orange Response' in the first line.

Please also include your personal reference:ORT1035 and your username from this site, as without both of these details, I will not be able to pick the case up.

Hope this helps

Andy

Orange Response Team