EPC - Energy Performance Certificate via Express-EPC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I needed to get an EPC done and found www.express-epc.co.uk as they offered the certification at a good price £40 and seemed reputable.

However in hindsight i never received the contact within 24 hours to get my EPC arranged and no contact number/address just email - reading some online content this could be a [problem] or being run by people who are just taking the money and running.

I want to report this trading standards and the police, but wanted to post here first.

Veester

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." -- Joshua J. Marine‏ ;)

Better than the truth itself is truthful living.

I ordered an EPC through this company (express-epc.co.uk) and it turned out to be a complete nightmare. I ordered online and paid £40, I didn't hear anything for 3 days. Finally got a call from a guy saying he wanted to come round and carry out the report. The guy was scruffy, grumpy and had no identification. He was in and out in about 3 minutes. The report finally came back 4 days later and it was completely wrong. No loft insulation was inspected at the time and the cavity wall insulation was not included on the report. It took me 9 days to finally get a response from him and we lost out on 2 potential sales as a result of the the slow return on the survey. I would advise anyone who requires a report to just go through the agents, as they know who is reputable and who is a [problem]..

Do not use Express-EPC.co.uk

This outfit appear to be a classic bunch of rogue traders. They take payment from members of the public upfront, then hold an online auction between energy assessors who live in the postcode area and then don't pay the assessor for doing the work!!

I did 3 EPC's and haven't been paid for any of them despite several contacts via telephone originally and then via e-mail. They are no longer contactable via telephone!

My advice is don't touch them with a bargepole!!!

Just spoke with Trading Standards and let them know - they are looking into it.

Also, found this in the proffessional forums.

http://www.energyassessorsforums.co.uk/Home_Inspectors_&_Domestic_Energy_Assessor_Board_C5/Discussion_Board_F4/HAVE_YOU_BEEN_PAID_YET_P1067/

Veester

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." -- Joshua J. Marine‏ ;)

I appear to have been duped by this company also. I have paid my £40 and they simply emailed me a marketing certificate over a week ago to say my EPC had been comissioned. I have sent a few emails now on the 'contact us' page and have heard nothing.

Does anyone know how I get my money back?? I'm presuming after reading these posts I'm not going to hear from them.

If you have any advice then it'd be much appreciated! Thanks

Total [problem] - also discovered no contact details - but also sent a load of emails and got a response from info@express etc etc saying "sorry problem with system, should get call etc", by which time i had allready arranged an alternative.

told them i wanted a refund and then nada.

Went to trading standards....they told me to get more info, so found these guys on companies house website and told them the address - they said they would escalate.

In looking at some proffessional forums seems that Energy Assesors have been getting scammed to.

Veester

I ordered an EPC through this company (express-epc.co.uk) and it turned out to be a complete nightmare. I ordered online and paid £40, I didn't hear anything for 3 days. Finally got a call from a guy saying he wanted to come round and carry out the report. The guy was scruffy, grumpy and had no identification. He was in and out in about 3 minutes. The report finally came back 4 days later and it was completely wrong. No loft insulation was inspected at the time and the cavity wall insulation was not included on the report. It took me 9 days to finally get a response from him and we lost out on 2 potential sales as a result of the the slow return on the survey. I would advise anyone who requires a report to just go through the agents, as they know who is reputable and who is a [problem]..

Do not use Express-EPC.co.uk

I am a domestic energy assessor who has completed 3 EPCs for express EPC. I would also advise you to steer clear of Express EPC as they have not paid me for the work i have completed. I would advise people looking for an EPC to contact the Energy Assessor direct as you will get it for a lot less than the Agents are charging. You can also discuss what is involved with them and form your own opinion of their capability. I pride myself in doing a thorough job throughout Cheshire producing accurate Assessment. It should be noted that the certificate contains details of the assessor and problems should be reported to their accreditation company as they have an obligation to monitor their performance.

Phil

Hi,

I am an accredited Energy Assessor who belongs to the Institute of Domestic Energy Assessors. Anyone contemplating using Express EPC would be well advised to check our forums on this company, especially the threads that enlighten you about the owner and his list of ccj's. It would appear that although people are paying to commission an EPC, previously carried out work is not being paid to the Energy Assessor doing the work, word has got round amongst our industry and not many aware DEA's will do the work. Please be aware that it would appear that Express EPC do not directly employ any DEA's. They take your money (Strangely enough always about £39.95 irrelevant of size of house) and then hold a dutch auction amongst registered DEA's. Work going to the lowest bidder, who does the work and then receives no payment.

If you require a reputable DEA may I suggest you visit our website at whatstheidea dot org dot uk and click on the find an idea member link. We have members across the UK who will carry out an EPC at below Estate Agents fee's

and usually within 48 hours of commission.

Take Express-EPC to the small claims court. Dont let them get away with this. They are a big comapny by the look of it as they cover the whole of England. A few hundred pounds to you is a lot of money, for them its probably a drop in the ocean. Make sure your local trading standards officer is aware of the situation and if you get no joy get in contact with "Rogue Traders"

Good Luck

Express-EPC..there appears to be a lot of stories on the net concerning this company. A Scarry amount of complaints and Blogs. You guys may want to have a look at some of the other stories. Express-EPC has lots of differnt names, locations and a bad reputation at the moment.

these are guys are a bunch of cowboys - they now have "contact details" on there website, but surprise surpise an answerphone with "we don't take calls email us" and then an email address that never responds....

Veester

Contact address is false, they are not known at their so called office in London.

So the options are

Write/ and get your letter back

Telephone /and chat to an answer machine

Email/and dont get an answer

And if you have paid this company like me, for something you havent received?

I know Paul - i called Trading Standards again today who gave me the "send a letter".

I found out who ran there domain http://who.is/whois/express-epc.co.uk/ its a company called www.fasthosts.co.uk very reputable and very "T&C" orientated, they would go crazy to hear about this and am in the process of writing there customer service department an email saying - do you realize you are letting a [problem] artist run a business from your servers.

Its a good start in making life totally difficult for this idiot, who calls himself "Savi".

Savi in how to break the law or just Savi because he is an thieving idiot.

Veester

Just emailed Martin Lewis and the http://www.econsumer.gov lets see if we can kick the crap out of this guy

Veester

I quite agree. I've basically fallen for the same [problem]. A week after I paid, one of their assessors got in touch to say that they were acting fradulently, and that he would be able to do the assesment himself for a reduced fee. I've since reported them to Trading Standards, BBC Watchdog and obviously want to post here to to maximise their reputational damage. Best way to get a refund is to approach your card provider and explain the situation and ask for a "section 75" payment dispute. This will probably work and get you your money back after a bit of effort and a time. If not Consumer Direct is your friend, and complain about your bank at the same time!

interesting - i recently wrote this outfit saying pay me back - the email trail is below - lets see what happens.

Will also contact bank etc.

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

I believe Your terms and conditions would actually constitute a breach of UTTCR 1999 and breach of distance selling regulations so while I will accept your partial offer of refund, I reserve the right to commence legal proceedings for these admin fees.

Please advise of how the refund will be processed ASAP and if you need any further details from me.

Sent: 30 September 2010 11:50

Subject: Re: Non Delivery of EPC - Complaint

Good Afternoon

The Timescales on completing the EPC are only an estimate so we do apologise on this occasion it has taken longer to complete however as per our terms and conditions we do not offer refunds once a order is processed however we can refund £19.95 which is minus an admin fee.

Please confirm you want to go ahead with this or if you still want the EPC completed as we still want to arrange for this to be completed for you asap.

Regards

Express-EPC Customer Service Team

"

Veester

Interesting- I emailed them a week ago and have had nothing back. They are probably right in the sense of their T & Cs but if they do not complete the work you would be entitled to a refund. It is probably easier to get the money back through your bank.

Hi all,

Just to let you know I have now received my £39.95 full refund!! Took a bit of work and I had to send them a recorded delivery letter and then I got the we will refund £19.95 email like veester but I disputed this and they have now fully refunded me. So keep at it and hopefully it'll pay off!

I ended up getting my EPC done from a local company costing me £50 but it just goes to show that cheapest is not the best! Good luck everyone

interesting, i paid exactly the same (£39.95) through a local company.

anyway that is why i have legal cover, so just handed it all over to them to deal with

Veester

interesting, i paid exactly the same (£39.95) through a local company.

anyway that is why i have legal cover, so just handed it all over to them to deal with

A local inspector came and did mine, cheaper than Express-EPC and i paid him when i received the certificate. Now just to get my money back from the other muppets.