jimbo45

CL finance now saying request for a SAR is acknowledgement of Debt before it is SB

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3635 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

A colleague of mine is being bothered by CL Finance --amazing how often the same DCA's seem to crop up again and again.

The Debt was for an old Cahoot Internet Bank loan of around 4700 GBP which is now Statute Barred - confirmed by the SAR Last payment on the account was on Aug 17 2004.

Cl Finance have written saying that this debt cannot be Statute Barred since by asking for an SAR on this account in July 2010 you have acknowledged the debt.

Now this seems a new tack here by a Notoriously slimy DCA to deal with -- what is the law on this -- since I have - hopefully I'm wrong -- a horrible feeling that they could prove you have implicitly admitted to having this debt by requesting an SAR.

Any decent SOL out there --please help to put this to bed once and for all.

Cheers

jimbo

They're talking cr*p. Deliberate lies. Under S5 Limitation Act 1980, Once a debt is S.B it CANNOT be unbarred under any circumstances. In any case asking for SAR is NOT an acknowledgement. Make sure you report their lies to Trading Standards and OFT.

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

They're talking cr*p. Deliberate lies. Under S5 Limitation Act 1980, Once a debt is S.B it CANNOT be unbarred under any circumstances. In any case asking for SAR is NOT an acknowledgement. Make sure you report their lies to Trading Standards and OFT.

desperate times free-mad-smileys-121.gif

cab

Cab1ne-Lombard-Shoosmiths **Claim Recieved**

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?181761-Cab1ne-Lombard-Shoosmiths-**Claim-Recieved**/page25

Summary Judgement 01/02/2011 **REFUSED** set for trial "May 23rd To June 30th 2011"

DISCONTINUED 3rd MAY 2011 **WON**

santander" Responsible Lending!!!!!!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?219431-quot-santander-quot-Responsible-Lending!!!!!!!

Capquest "V" Cab1ne

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?262962-Capquest-quot-V-quot-Cab1ne

"STAYED"

CAB "Sittin Tight"

THANKS GUYS

We all know how Honest, above board and totally helpful DCA's are don't we.

Shows that they will DO anything to wrest a few pennies from people. Even I was a bit flummexed by this approach --I hadn't heard of this excuse before of how they can try and get hold of SB debts.

Cheers

jimbo

Unless the letter was dated before the expiry of the six years AND explicitly acknowledged the debt, then they are talking rubbish.

As well as Trading Standards and the OFT, they should be reported to the Information Commissioner. I can't imagine him looking too kindly upon an organisation attempting to use the Data Protection Act in this way.

They really know of no bounds do they! You MUST make a formal complaint to them and a OFT/TS/ICO this is too good an opportunity to miss to bring these fools back down to earth, I do hope you have this untruth in writing, fantastic evidence for the OFT to withdraw their credit license.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

some good news to upset these creeps, there sister company welscum are apparently closing more offices in september, with any look these fools will soon join the now extinct Cattles menangery of companies on the scrap heap.

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

May I ask what happens if you acknowledge the debt now, just to rub it in?

Could the do anything?

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

lets take a step back for a second

in the sar received back

WHAT WAS THE DATE OF THE LAST PAYMENT MADE ON THE STATEMENT

Hi there

according to the SAR date of last payment was Aug 17 2004.

Cheers

jimbo

Surely the SAR request is for "any/all" data held by that company about an individual and is not just about one specific account.

You would usually give just your name and address details - so how could they claim it was about just one specific account?

Looks like they are trying it on. Perhaps someone needs to explain to them what a SAR is.

Statute barred will be september 17 2010

statute barred starts from the cause of action, that will be when the next payment was missed, september 17 2004

its most important you have no contact for the next few weeks