Question: BT - Finally found line fault after 2 years...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

So... I've had Internet through a BT line for 2 years now. Started with Virgin Media over a BT line, it was super-slow so I switch to BT Business Broadband. (Business Broadband gets preferntial traffic and a lower contention ratio). It was still super-sh!te. Bad, bad packet loss, line drop outs etc etc.

We've filed about 6 faults over the 2 years. BT have sent out technicians who have checked things and said there's no fault.

Well, over the past few days the Internet has been worse than ever and we've been onto BT. They said they are sending out a different technician to try everything and if it turns out to be our fault then we would have to pay £130. It's not our fault so we said send him.

He turned up today. Lovely chap with 38 years experience. He immediately found a fault outside of our property causing a noise on the line - resulting in massive interference on the line (you could even hear it on the telephone).

Now... we've been paying for this BT line & Internet for a long time now, and have complained multiple times about the Internet being awful.

Do I have to right to claim at least a partial refund for the service we have (or haven't!) been getting?

Or some kind of other compensation from BT?

Thanks for reading.

This is not an area that I have a lot of knowledge of, the only thing I do know, BT's business products have more guarantees than the home equivalent (although I guess you probably already know that)

Hopefully someone who has dealt with BT Business before will comment.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar