style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello, i am looking for some advice please, i have missed a payment with my monthly arrangement with rossendales due to struggling as i have been unemployed for some time.The bailiff left a letter through the door saying he would come back with a van to remove my goods.

The original walking possession order was never signed as i refused to let them in at the beginning and the only thing that is l isted were the thinbgs in my porch as i didnt let them in.

Where do i stand with them as i have tried to sort this out with him to as you know these men are never very nice and just says well i will come back and entre even if you are not there, which as i understand the only bailiff that can entre you home like that is from hmrc, mine is for council tax.

I have explained that iam unemployed and that legally it should be passed back to the council but he says that is not the case.

Any advice would be much appreciated as i finding myself glued to the front window awaiting his return.

thanks janette

can you list the goods levied

do you know the amount of the liability order (confirmed by the council)

the goods levied were : 1 metal shoe rack, 3 walking sticks, i plastic washing basket that was used for jackets ect and two concrete planters which were at the fornt door.

The total amount outstanding is £1337.53

the goods levied were : 1 metal shoe rack, 3 walking sticks, i plastic washing basket that was used for jackets ect and two concrete planters which were at the fornt door.

The total amount outstanding is £1337.53

You should now write to the Bailiffs and demand the levy and all associated charges are removed.

The value of the goods seized are of little value if they were to be removed for sale. Any goods thus removed should cover amongst others::

1 - Removal fees

2 - Auction & Auctioneers fees

3 - Bailiff fees

4 - a proportion of the debt owing

As this is not likely to happen the Bailiff can stand accused of making a financial advantage for himself and his Company. It will take lots of letter writing to sort this out, it will not happen overnight as the Company will insist the procedure has been carried out correctly.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you're unemployed, then you're being told fibs. I'll use the caveat that I'm assuming you're in receipt of income related benefits...

http://www.dca.gov.uk/enforcement/agents02.htm#part10

Those who might be considered vulnerable include the following:

the elderly;

people with a disability;

the seriously ill;

the recently bereaved;

single parent families;

pregnant women;

unemployed people; and,

those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English.

Rossendales - proud to be professionals - are members of the Enforcement Services Association who's Code of Practice (section 2) instructs members to follow the National Standards...

Best wishes

Rae

thanks kelcou,

i have spoke to the council to see if they would take the debt back, and they were not interested at all.

I have also spoken to the bailiff company again and she told me i have to talk with the bailiff himself,i also said as iam living on jobseekers and child tax credit i should be classed as vunerable.

It seems im fighting a loosing battle now,and dont know what else to do

how much is the liability order for (confirmed by the council)

how long have you been paying this

how much are you paying per month

are you being charged for making payments

how are these payments made

do you still have the walking possession agreement

thanks hallowitch,

The liability order is £1337 and have been paying it for around a year and a half maybe longer.

I was paying £30 per month via the online payment system and they charge £3.80 per payment.

I still have the walking possesion agreement which i didn't sign as i told the bailiff at the time i didn't have to sign it,and the only things listed were things by the front door as i refused to let them in.

Can I presume that you are a single parent on benefits, which in that case would make you vulnerable and in hindsight should be passed back to the council for payments to be taken out of your benefits.

You need to write to the 'Manager' of the benefits and revenues department stating that the bailiff is demanding more than you can afford. He has made an unlawful levy and have charged you for it adding for debt which you are already struggling to pay.

You can also get in touch with your local councillor and ask them to intervene, they can often be a God send.

Excellent response Ploddertom but I would just like to add a further IMPORTANT POINT.

It is clear that the goods listed would not in any way cover the debt and for this reason the account should have been returned back to the council as NULLA BONO (Nil effects..no assets on which to levy).

Instead, by levying upon WORTHLESS items, the bailiff has ensured that his employer (Rossendales) are able to apply a levy fee. HOWEVER, much more important is that, if the debtor DEFAULTS on a payment arrangment, this bailiff will then charge an "ATTENDING TO REMOVE FEE" which is typically around £150. This WORTHLESS levy is a cynical attempt to apply additional fees to this account.

Frankly, this is a discraceful levy and that it why it is important that a letter of COMPLAINT is sent to the local authority ( and marked for the attention of the Chief Executive) because, with the collection of council tax, the local authority are wholly responsible for the levy and the fees charged by their agents.

Hi there .

Rossendales are NOTORIOUS for lying, cheating swindling etc etc.

If you are now unemployed etc you should be getting Council tax relief so you can tell the Bailiff to Foxtrot Oscar.

The BIG mistake people make is in letting these SCUMBAGS and LOWLIFES into the house in the first place. Some have even been known to make excuses as can I use the Bog etc.

NEVER let them in under any pretext whatsoever.

If they ever got into my house the Two Rottweilers would absolutely relish their next meal as I wouldn't let the Bailiffs out again either until the dogs had had their enjoyment for the day.

If they've ILLEGALLY broken into a house then the law won't protect them against large dogs you might have at home.

Finally NEVER EVER make ANY DEAL WITH THE BAILIFF OR THEIR COMPANY EITHER -- that way you can't be "legally swindled" out of 150 GBP either --another DISGUSTING tactic in this utterly BARBARIC method of tax collection.

Welcome UK 2010.

Cheers

jimbo