• Tweets

• I should have added the above links are for  landlines and mobiles there are plenty of free and paid for apps android and iphones to block calls.
    • Hi I got a tent from go outdoors,   over £1000 for tent porch carpet  and footprint and it was faulty, so they exchanged it, it was only 2 weeks old,  so I got another tent tht to was faulty, I have pictures of the faults,  but this time they weren't happy to exchange but they did,  then I got a vanguard 8 ,  and when we were on holiday the rain was coming through the material of the tent, holes in the stitching and the zip kepted breaking, so 2 days into our holiday we came home to change the tent and go back and finish our holiday,  but they refused, this tent was only9 days old.  So we left the store phoned head office and they said "go back to store and give them another chance to sorte this out!"  So we did and the manger was worse this time, to ring head office he didn't want to. I have a proof of a call from head office for 40mins and the manager was implying to head office I was lying about a phone call  and head office have on record of them phoning me , the manager asked me to leave the store or he will phone the police   so I told him to get the police,   while waiting for the police  a customer was returning a tent and when asked from the store what's wrong with it, they said""nothing it's to hard to put away"  so asked the manager how is tht right when my tent is faulty and u wont exchange,   he told the police I was threatening a customer,  I never spoke to the customer, I also told them I am autistic,   The manager lied to the police and the police attuided to me was horrendous and I told them  repeatedly told I was autistic,   I have video evidence of my arrest,  What are my legal rights to a new tent,  any help will be greatly appreciated thank u,   am also dyslexic,  sorry if some of this doesn't make sense ,  I've loads more to tell on this whole situation xx I was arrested for not leaving the store until I had a resolution  All the tents where hi gear  Also I told the manager tht we where on holiday to rest as we've just had 4 weeks of hell with my daughter as shes now in hospital safe,  so we went away for 5 days knowing she was safe ,  and why woul we come home early and try to change a faulty tent,  and go back to our holiday if it wasn't faulty they weren't interested   I've been having meltdowns really bad this x  Also I was released from the police 2hrs later WITHOUT  been Interviewed and NO CHARGES I've had a email today saying because of my being banned from the store I can have a refund   I've sent them emails asking questions and they will answer the email but wont answer my questions and now they saying as a good will gesture they will refund me  But I only have until friday which is 1 day to accept the return and if I dont they will not refund me  And am so distressed ,  Am I right the if a item is faulty you have 28 days to a full refund 
    • Thanks dx I did read these post but wasn’t sure if they ended well.   I suppose it depends on how nervous it would make the buyer, and if their solicitor was happy to play ball.
    • the 120 days runs from when he discovered he could use chargeback. that must be within 540 days of the relevant card transaction. sadly halifax are useless everytime over chargeback  and never get things right.
    • Can I ask which service provider or telephone hand set you use that's allows you to use 00* to block all international calls ?   Ofcom advice   https://tinyurl.com/y577dlb8   Some examples of call blocking phones   https://tinyurl.com/yyaxsgd4   ,
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Cap1 told me not to believe this forum!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3677 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I sent a SAR to capital one because for a tiny debt I ended up with a ridiculous bill against me. I also sent them the letter from here to ask them to stop calling me as they call me several times a day mostly at work where it is very embarassing for the receptionist to have to transfer a call to me from them. They ignored the first letter I sent and the SAR I've sent another two since then and they are all ignored.

Yesterday I got a reply basically telling me they can call me whenever they like because I owe them money, but the passage that had me worried was this:

I'm afraid you do not have a statutory right to insist that we don't call you, the various statutes you've mentioned are intended to protect individuals and not to assist in avoiding telephone calls to discuss debt. i realise you have used a template letter from an internet forum I sympathise as these types of sites purport to give you sound advice but rarely do so in practice.

So now what? They still haven't responded to my SAR and they still keep constantly calling!

Help?

Hi. To b e honest they are half-right, the statutes are there to protect individuals from harrasment and not there to prevent people ignoring their debts, however when phone calls become harrasment is open to question, I feel that if they call you once every few days this would be deemed acceptable but if they called 5 times a day this would not, especially if you have made your position clear in the first call and make it clear there is nothing further to discuss.

If they have ignored your SAR requests then they are digging a hole for themselves and making it less likely to that they will ever be able to get any money from you.

You could of course join the growing number who like to have 'fun' when they call you, leave them waiting, make silly noises, etc...perhaps have a listen to Fuzzybobbles 'crank' calls, I like the payment by 'xmas' card one :)

Andy