Santander Instant plus - overdrawn??!!

deathbycrayons
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a santander instant plus account, had it for about a year. It's a 'basic account' that we were given when we applied for another current account but didn't get that so we got this one instead.

It's not supposed to let you go overdrawn, ever. We have a visa debit card with it.

Today, just checked the online banking, and we're 8.50 overdrawn. It's a couple of small card payments that have taken us overdrawn, but I really don't understand how this could have happened, as if there's insufficient funds, the card payment shouldn't have gone through.

I'm so angry that this has been allowed to happen. We're on a very low income and I've been so careful with our money, checking the account every couple of days online.

A seperate problem:

It's a joint account and my husband isn't quite so careful. Quite often he'll make sneaky little purchases (only small ones, but he doesn't tell me) which means then a small standing order payment will go out, but be reversed because we're something like 9p short.

This has resulted in charges - 2 seperate ones of £35 each.

I have my disability benefit payments going in on Monday but these charges will eat into them considerately. Santander have already reversed a charge for me in the last 6 months so I doubt they'll do it again.

I'm really worrying about this all.

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

Try to change your bank account to Natwest.

I recently changed over from a Halifax account that I had for over 5 years and Natwest

gave me more on my new account than Halifax ever did.

Even better is that charges are now only £5 for missed payments.

I missed 2 payments (dd) and they only charged me for one of them at £5, can't complain and will

just have to be more careful when setting up dd or sd and ensure funds are available.

Big thank you to Natwest from me and blows raspberry to Halifax:)

George