style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For someone who was stuck at home for 51 weeks out of 52 for years, I sure have caught up this year!...

... and so, once again, I bid you "au revoir, mes amis!" as hubby and I head off for Paris for our 16th wedding anniversary (tomorrow) for a little romantic escapade and "us" time. :-)

Normal (or as normal as it gets when it comes to me!) service will be resumed at the week-end. :-) In the meantime, Eurostar and champagne breakfast await. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAH5N1MzwVc

I need to get drunk to go there.

Watch the dog-**** while you are there and let us kow if you happen to bump into a pleasant Parisan

Watch the underground too!

I was mugged after buying a ticket from an English speaking clerk, who watched where I put my purse, and (I suspect) gave the nod to a lurking Parisian, who literally ran up behind me and jumped over me at the turnstyle...taking my purse. Intriguingly when I asked the clerk how to contact the police, he no longer spoke English. Hmmm.

That said, the rest was magical, so watch your bag but have a wonderful time!

Enjoy it Bookie. Me & Mrs Bassett just celebrated our 25th Anniversary in London.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Well, surprisingly, as my memories of Paris were just about as nice as Bankfodder's hinted out :shock:, we had a great welcome just about everywhere we went, people were incredibly helpful and smiling!!! We had the odd surly Metro attendant but then I think it's part of the job requirements for them, lol.

I have to say that the disabled access at places like Versailles and the Musee d'Orsay knock spots off England, with free access both for the disabled person AND the carer, and instead of having to queue up, you simply walk to a different entrance where there is no queue, present proof of disability and they just let you in!

And we had some of the most amazing food ever made! Free plug to Tartine Mariolle, rue Duc, 18eme, which was quite simply heavenly.:-)

Oddly enough, I did notice that it seemed a lot cleaner than last time I was there dog poo wise, so that was definitely a plus! And we had great weather, so all in all, we had a grand time, and it was lovely to have some "us" time for the 1st time in about 7 years. :-)