• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Delivery up of goods

pagan61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Can anyone please give me any information of delivery up of goods, as I belived that my goods have been unlawly taken from me

There is law, authority, statute and case law to support claims where goods have been wrongfully interfered with but I think we really need a lot more detail to be able to assist further :madgrin:

Hi,

we brought a compure system to aid our business, we paid £2,750 cash and agreed to pay a futher £150.00 for 12 months , however the system as not been making the money as we were told it would and told the company that we would have make smaller payments and the company agreed by email as we had missed a few payments that they would rather have something than nothing.

They than asked if we could make a full payment a few months later I email back to say we could not as we had been making the money but would carry paying the smaller payement, I heared nothing more from them.

While at event we were doing the person from the company came up to us and say that they wanted there money £1200 there and than, we stated thst we did not have that kind of money to give them. They took a part of the system out of our compure box pushing my husband out of way and said we would get it back till we give them the money. She also inform usthat we system remains hers till the full amount has been paid, this is the first time we had been inform off this as there is nothing on contrect that we sign.

We than offer her two weekes after £600 cash and would paid £100 month to settled it as I cannot run my business without it but she said no and than inform if she did not have the full amount of £1495 by the 30 September she would sell it.

We are now thinking of taken legal action

Hi

It was just a very basic one that we argeed to pay £150.00 a month for 12 months for the system. Myself and husband sign it. That is all that was on the contract, nothing more.

So there were no terms and conditions, it wasn't headed as "Hire Purchase", or regulated in any way?? Does this company hold a consumer credit licence or are they regulated by any other governing body?

If that is the case then you have a very strong case for all manner of things!!

• Theft
  • Wrongful interference with goods
  • Conversion
  • Trespass to goods
  • Unlawful repossession

To name but a few!!

In my opinion, at this stage I would write a letter before action requesting they return your property immediately and write off the remainder of the contract, if this restitution is not forthcoming you will be making a complaint against them to the FOS, OFT, trading Standards etc (depending on who they are regulated by), and may end up taking legal action for the return of all monies paid, the return of the goods or value of, damages, costs and interest if a suitable solution is not reached as a matter of urgency.

That is what I would do in your situation but ultimately it is entirely up to you what course of action you choose :-)

Hi

There were no terms or HP agreement just letter that the company did theirselves for us to pay the £150.00 a month and we never told that system would still alone them till we paid the full amount off, I belived that as we already paid £3,60.00 off that she can not sell it and does belong to us!

I have written a letter to her stating if we do not have the system back or our money back will be taken action, just like to know what we put on a small claims form, someone told about delivery of goods, also she might of broken the contract why taken goods back.

Thank you for your help

I would be going to the police to report this as theft and possibly assault as the husband was pushed out of the way.

I would also be speaking to trading standards and asking them to investigate this company.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi

I did think about the police but at the time, it happen on the 11 July don't the time line about reporting it, will be taken her to court as I think we have a very good case.

Hi

There were no terms or HP agreement just letter that the company did theirselves for us to pay the £150.00 a month and we never told that system would still alone them till we paid the full amount off, I belived that as we already paid £3,60.00 off that she can not sell it and does belong to us!

I have written a letter to her stating if we do not have the system back or our money back will be taken action, just like to know what we put on a small claims form, someone told about delivery of goods, also she might of broken the contract why taken goods back.

Thank you for your help

Before you can make a claim you need to strictly adhere to pre action protocol or your case may be struck out. This means that you need to exhaust all other possibilities of settling this first and only use court as a last resort.

Has she replied to your letter?

Theft without a doubt. They are in serious trouble as you could lodge a claim for compensation against then in addition to the theft. We are assuming that at no pointy yu gave her permission tor emove the part from the system.

More than likely they don't have a credit licence so could be in even deeper trouble. Check whether they have a credit licence as I think this needs to be stated somewhere but some one who is better informed can update you.

Basiclly they have removed "tools of trade" and even a bailifff cannot do that for bad debt if it is personal. Is the business a limited company or sole trader?

Hi,

We tried to some sorted of agreement by offering her £600 cash if she could give system and would set up a standing order from our own personal back back it is an aura hand plate that we use at MBS events the system can not run with out it, she would not agreed to this, stating that she want the full amount or she would sale the system.

Our business adivser also tried to talk to her over the phone stating that it was good offer that we have made and she should agree to it, but again he could get no where with as well.

We have written a her letter stating that if we do not hear from her within 10 days we will be taking legal action, this has been going on since the 11 July I have lost number of events therefore lost money.

The were people who saw what happen, we did not allow to take the system she took from our compuire box the lid was closed at time as my had just put in the box.

I would be inclined to write another letter outlining why you believe she has committed an offence and the offences she stands accused of and the restitution you require in order to settle this before legal action becomes necessary.

Was the person an employee of the company? Have you tried complaining to the boss of the company? If you do end up making a claim, it will be the company that you sue and not the individual so you really need to address letters direct to the company's legal department and not necessarily an individual.

Hi

I am a sole trader, will tried and see if I can get a copy of the contrect up, but I said it something she drew herself on her headed paper just stating that we were to pay the £150 a month for the system no terms on the contrect or the invoice for the money we had paid her.

Far too small. Can you set up a photobucket account and re-post please. However from what I can make out, they have offeed credit without a credit licence which is a serious offence. Secondly no default notice although the credit agrement is illegal. No court summons so another illegal action. I guess you woudl be entitled to some serious compensation for you if it went to court.

Still very difficult to view. Have you tried photobucket as that is what people use to load images? As a sole trader you are a consumer and may be protected by consumer law. Maybe it si time to visit a solicitor aqs in the meantime you are losing money. From the info already supplied I would say that you stand a very good chance of winning plus claiming compensation.