Parking Fine Query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really annoyed with a parking ticket that I got. I will supply as much details as possible, hope someone can help.

In Scotland, I received a parking ticket from the local council. The area that I parked is quite different from normal, in that there are no painted road markings. As you enter the area, from any street there are signs - restricted area, no stopping except in marked bays. The marked bays are no more than a lighter colour of stone in the road. A large rectangle, running the length of the street, interrupted by a space for bins. The restrictions on the small rectangular plates near the bays are pay and display - 2 hours max stay. I have a residents permit which allows me to park.

I parked on Friday night within a marked bay. Permit clearly displayed. Street name listed on my permit. I returned Saturday morning to find a parking ticket and the reason being was that I was parked in a restricted zone. Totally baffled until I noticed another small rectangular sign stating loading only, monday to saturday 8am - 4pm. I assume that this is why I have the parking ticket. There is no indication of where this restriction starts and finishes, one could assume at the bins (mentioned above).

Do I have grounds to appeal here, given that there are no lines painted anywhere? That I have a permit? That once you find one sign, you feel no reason to look for another?

Could anyone give me some idea of how to structure an appeal letter, or should I just walk into the parking office and ask about the fine?

Thanks so much for any help you can give. Let me know if you need more info.

Went into the office after work, they had a form just for this. When I showed her the ticket, she rolled her eyes and said "that street again. One day you can park there, the next you cannot." Sounds like they have no clue what they are doing. Will hear back in 3 to 4 month.

Shame the comment was only from a staffer (and of no major significance to any appeal). Id did hear that this ploy is used often to get distreessed punters out the office quickly without too much trouble.... wrong-footing you, I believe they call it.