If DCA's were like this -----

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3680 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

Most people have probably got into debt due to changed circumstances - usually beyond their control -- I'm not interested in people who genuinely have borrowed money and are looking for every legal loophole to AVOID paying it back but because of the intransient attitude of most of the lenders and their lapdog DCA's people do now try everything to stop paying anything.

If the lenders were more realistic and sympathetic to people's changed circumstances and understand people will pay SOMETHING back then most of the unpleasantness associated with Debt Collection could be avoided.

After all it was probably IRRESPONSIBLE LENDING in the first place that caused much of the problems and Banks should realize that the very high often nearly "Loan sharking" rates of interest was their insurance against bad debts in the first place.

So if an approach like below could work (it won't of course but just an idea)

For example

Dear DCA

As you know you are trying to chase me for a debt that probably is unenforceable -- however due to my circumstances you are EVER unlikely to see more than a tiny fraction of the debt whatever your Solicitors might tell you.

Instead of WASTING huge amounts of money on rediculous and harrasing phone calls and sending an inordinate amount of POST which is immediately destined for the dustbin why don't you tell me that you purchased the debt for 10% and in the sprit of Live and Let live I propose to offer you 12.5% payable at a DECENT monthly rate that I specify.

Reply from DCA

That's fine -- we will not phone or mail you ANY more -- and if you can actually pay back a little quicker we could offer you 11% instead of 12%.

If there are any charging orders or CRA references against you we will ourselves REMOVE THESE AT OUR COST.

Yours sincerely xxxxx

This way I think 99% of problems would disappear --- I still think however the selling on of DEBTS should be made illegal.

There's more chance of the UK winning every gold medal at the London 2012 Olympics than DCA's going down this route of course.

Cheers

jimbo

In an ideal world, but I guess there has to be jobs available for every 'type' of personality, and whilst there are takers for these jobs their attitude will not change because for every one of us who take the time and effort to seek 'proper' help, there are literally thousands who will be frightened witless and think that only the truth is ever 'threatened' by businesses, respectable or not.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

There is the saying that debt collection and prosituition are the worlds oldest trades. They will always exist, it is just a case of what moral values are applied on your behalf by those that are in power.

It could be worse. In Dubai, you would be in prison for owing a debt.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There is the saying that debt collection and prostitution are the worlds oldest trades. They will always exist, it is just a case of what moral values are applied on your behalf by those that are in power.

It could be worse. In Dubai, you would be in prison for owing a debt.

... and stoned to death for the other.

Hi there

Slightly OT but I'm glad to see all those people who spent money in buying places in Dubai are getting their come uppance.

Dubai is now really "CHAV CENTRAL" -- nobody with any class or style would be seen DEAD over there -- who could ever trust a place where the CASH MACHINES dispense Gold Bars.

Dubai belongs to what we now call the "Noveau Riche Tattoed arm brigades".

However be that as it may at least we still at least have a semi passable legal process to get DCA's off our backs in the UK --in some other countries I'm not so sure.

Cheers

jimbo