Macafee Auto Renewal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wanted to warn others about Macafee Auto Renewals. I received an e-mail from them saying that they had taken £75 out of my bank account to renew my subscription (which wasn't due to expire until the end of September). I sent a very stroppy e-mail to them saying they had taken it a month early, and the price was double what I paid last year. I have received a reply saying they will refund my money within 5 working days - which hopefully I will and they have given me a month's free subscription and offered me a 50% discount. However I will be looking for another product as I don't like the way they do busiiness.

Microsoft have a free security program called "Microsoft Security Essentials". (of course you have most likely already paid Microsoft for the operating system as part of your PC).

This program uses few system resources, so your PC will probably seem to run faster, and can obviously be trusted as it's such a big name! I think it's probably having a big impact on the traditional "security" software company if they are lowering themselves to these tactics! The irony of course if they'd been nice about it and said "Your renewal is due, as you've been loyal we'll offer you this discount...." they would've probably ended up with the repeat business!

If they don't refund your money, post here again and we'll see what other recourse you have.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Yes I would have stayed with them if the price had been lower and they hadn't just taken my money without warning. They said they did it so I would have continuous protection!! The Microsoft product looks good so I will give it a go. Thanks for the info.

You're welcome, anytime :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar