EBAY... tickets dekivered the day after they was to be used...

kenethj

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

found this site after going through google and need some help to get this right.

My daughter bought some tickets for a concert which arrived the day after they was to be used which made them worthless but the seller (private) seems to think its not thier problem as she now has the tickets. ( not that they posted them SD at 1pm on the date of the ticket). can anyone tell me where she stands.

thanks in advanced

ken

Fully entitled to a full refund. If the tickets were posted on the day they were to be used, the seller made sure they could not be used.

Now, there could be a very good reason for this. They could be counterfeit tickets which is very common. So, firstly check with the venue whether the ticket numbers are genuine. If they are not bring the police in immediately. If they are genuine, keep the envelope they came in and a photocopy of the tickets. Demand a full and immediate refund.

What did the ebay auction say about delivery?

If it mentions that the tickets would be delivered before the concert date, then she'll need to open an "item not as described" dispute. She needs to use the wording on the advert carefully to find a reason why they weren't as described.

A non delivery dispute is a no go area, as they did arrive, and all paypal or ebay will want is a delivery tracking number.

And with a signature, they will close the dispute not caring that the tickets were for the previous day. I have to question the poiunt of posting tickets thae day they are to be used - so the fact they may be fake is a great ruse... What was the delay between purcvhasing and posting?

Hi all thanks for your replys.

Buzby the delay between paying and the seller send was 5 days.

gadgetgirl79. I will have a look at the advert to see what was said

wheelergeezer. I have ask her to find out if the tickets are genuine, not sure how she can do that now the festival has past but she will have a go.

would anyone know if she would be able to go through the smalls claims court for late delivery ?

many thanks for all help

ken

Do remember - Delivery wasn't late. It was posted late and delivered in time, something you can prove by printing off the posting receipt which will show the sending date to be the same as the the event. Secondly, sending an email to the promoter with a scan or jpeg of the ticket should be enough to query authenticity.

A SC action will only work if the address you have is legitimate, and it may not be.

Who is gadgetgirl79? Is that the seller? If so they have been a member since 2006 and have 0 feedback.

There is no doubt in my mind that the tickets were sent late on purpose. That would suggest they are not authentic. As advised above, contact the promotor.

What did the seller actually say when contacted? Did the tickets arrive the day of the concert or were posted the day of the concert?

If they arrived the day of the concert, did that 1pm arrival deadline leave her enough time to get to the venue as she planned? Had your duaghter tried to contact the seller before this date? What was the arrangement in the listing as there is no listings past or present showing for that user name.

Who is gadgetgirl79? Is that the seller? If so they have been a member since 2006 and have 0 feedback.

gadgetgirl79 is a CAG forum user. She posted the 2nd reply to the OP immediately after yours asking what the advert said about delivery.

I think you just put 1 and 1 together and got 7!! Blonde moment huh?? :razz:

I am gadgetgirl79, and an occasional poster on CAG! Not my ebay account either!

Kenethj, have you opened a dispute yet? You only have 45 days to do this...