2 Different Parking Orders

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have recently received a parking ticket for parking on yellow lines in an industrial estate. There are a few reasons for which I am trying to get the ticket revoked ie broken lines etc. I have a copy of the traffic order for the street involved and have found the stretch at which I was parked was under 2 orders.

1 No loading at any time

2 No waiting at any time

Is it legal for 2 different traffic orders on the exact same stretches of road as in the 2 orders which are worded identically. I have been told by the council involved that signs were not needed as it was double yellow lines but I have read somewhere that if 2 different orders are in force in 1 area that each should be signposted individually.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi thanks for the quick response. The section where i received the ticket has 2 orders. One is for no waiting at any time the other is no loading at any time both orders state the same location word for word ' the west side from a point 165 metres south of the southern curbline of Normandy Road for a distance of 74 metres in a southernly direction to its southernmost point' . So by contradicting themselves does this make them invalid.

How does no loading and no waiting contradict each other? They are 2 seperate restrictions. I take it there were lines and kerb edge markings along with the plates?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Since you post is very vague here is a summary of advice....

If your PCN was an 01 parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours

You only need double yelows and no sign

If your PCN was an 02 parked or loading in a street where loading and waiting restrictions are in force

It needs kerb blips (yellow dashes on kerb) and a white sign stating 'no loading' at the time you parked.

As stated above they do not contradict they are different restrictions on top of each other that mean different things, like having a traffic order to make a street 'one way' and '20mph'.

Hi. Yes it was 01 parking during prescribed hours. It occurred on an industrial estate at 8:40 pm. Where I parked was outside a dissuade warehouse which was in the process of being demolished. The entrance to which has now been fenced off with 6 ft metal fence barriers. I only parked there as it was quite obvious that there was no longer an access at that point. The double yellows were also broken along that road where roadworks had taken place and the lines had been tarmaced over. Should I just pay up or do you think it's worth trying to challenge.