Call Centre's Not Paying For Time Spent Booting Up A their Pc's before start of shift.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you, Seq. I posted a grumpy reply about the same thing on Benefits and Erika thinks I'm mad now. It could be a firefox thing, but I hope you can see something like this earlier in the thread.

You can use Google to search the web using these links below:-

Please tell me I'm not seeing things!

HB x

PS I copied and pasted the 'links below' and they disappeared when I sent my post. I'm starting to feel paranoid.

Edited by honeybee13
PS

Illegitimi non carborundum

Don't worry, I think it might be something to do with the CAG toolbar or something. There are MANY gremlins in our midst at the moment and I can assure you that none of them have anything to do with you! Blame Bankfodder :)

Hi Seq, thank you for the reply. The post I mentioned has gone now. I do remember it didn't have a number like caggers' posts. I think it was AD# something.

I have downloaded the CAG toolbar in an effort to help, you're right. I won't blame Bankfodder because I know the site team mean well. Sorry to whinge, but I don't understand IT and the changes are confusing the hell out of me.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi thanks for your reply I gather there is a legal form I can fill out such as small claims court to explain the time required was unreasonable, I am going to send a letter requesting ALL details they hold on me I assume that all Logins into the Building and Pc's is a Health & Safety requirement as we used swipe cards to enter the Premises and login into the Pc in order to start the cold boot process this involves user name and password and then load applications "It's the Applications that took forever and a day to load " .

So I may have not have made myself clear. Logon "user name & password" not an issue its was waiting for the numerous applications that where required to be ready to logon onto your turret/phone to start the shift.

Regards

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)

You would need to send a Subject Access Request to the employer under the Data Protection Act, enclosing the obligatory £10 fee. They then have 40 days to comply. They are however only required to send data that refers specifically to you, and only that which is stored in a relevant filing system. This means that as long as the information can be readily accessed by name, login name or employee number, they should be able to produce something. A word of warning however in that they are not obliged to send you any document which might identify another data subject, so the login details that you seek may well not be provided if for example they appear on a record alongside other staff activity.

I am still a little unsure as to what you hope to achieve considering that you have already left. As I said in my original post, you were working under a contract, and if you routinely started early in order to boot up the PC without raising a grievance at the time, then you would, in law, be deemed to have accepted this as a normal part of your job. Consequently there is little hope of being able to recover what you think you should be paid.

The one small possibility that you may have of taking action is if the extra hours worked meant that you were effectively being paid less than the National Minimum Wage - that is why you were asked how much you were paid per hour, but seemed to take offence at that.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Excellent thanks for the reply.. yeah point taken regarding pay? (Spies every where).

I wonder why? this type of work ethic persists and basically one has to make a case while working at the said Companies.

Problem is that you haven't really got a leg to stand on as from day one they emphasis that you are temporary staff until you pass your probation and that probation period can be extend as and when for a variety of reasons.

Example there where ex-colleagues who where on probation contracts 1 year +.

They told me that once you where given a full contract your where entitled to sick leave so majority like myself where on temp contracts 3 late instances and bye bye..

I did mention it (the login/boot/apps for 10-20 mins) and was told to get on with don't like it jog on?.

You should read the contract you got to sign lol... 100% expected in all your stats.

Anyway I have digested your reply and I am wiser and can put this baby to bed.

"Thread sighs a relief". If and when the CAG toolbar is sorted will download/add-on to Firfox browser I may even donate next pay day as this site is excellent...resource.

Sorry for the poor English.. to much texting I gather.

Regards..

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)

Excellent thanks for the reply.. yeah point taken regarding pay? (Spies every where).

I wonder why? this type of work ethic persists and basically one has to make a case while working at the said Companies.

That type of attitude exists because they know that there is a ready supply of people wishing to work there. Many are not interested in progression or promotion so they know that they don't have to work hard at keeping staff happy!

Problem is that you haven't really got a leg to stand on as from day one they emphasis that you are temporary staff until you pass your probation and that probation period can be extend as and when for a variety of reasons.

Example there where ex-colleagues who where on probation contracts 1 year +.

Probation actually means very little in law. It basically means that they can get rid of you for no obvious reason - they can do that anyway in the first 12 months without any comeback unless they have discriminated against you. An employee with more than a year's service would have full employment rights including against Unfair Dismissal, whether they call it probation or not.

They told me that once you where given a full contract your where entitled to sick leave so majority like myself where on temp contracts 3 late instances and bye bye..

I did mention it (the login/boot/apps for 10-20 mins) and was told to get on with don't like it jog on?.

You should read the contract you got to sign lol... 100% expected in all your stats.

Anyway I have digested your reply and I am wiser and can put this baby to bed.

"Thread sighs a relief". If and when the CAG toolbar is sorted will download/add-on to Firfox browser I may even donate next pay day as this site is excellent...resource.

Sorry for the poor English.. to much texting I gather.

No problem. Glad that we could advise!

Regards..

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!