Hfo barclaycard

z8519
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok guys a little problem ive lost the letter that hfo sent me with the barclaycard account number on it and i have no other documents with the number on and the letter sent from turnbull doesnt has it either but i need it to send the SAR tomorrow, i thought maybe i should phone hfo because i have the case number from them and ask for it, is there another way???

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit strange that it is not on the TR letter? Never mind, it is a good idea to keep all correspondence and envelopes it came in plus copies of the letters sent and proof of postage in future. Right, lecture over.

I do not think that you actually need to send Barclaycard the account number, just request any information that they hold on you - full stop, and include your name and all the addresses you have lived at in the last 10 years say.

I would not ring HFO or TR on any pretext.

Edited by coledog
Should have gone to Spec Savers

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Just a quick one, you said your letter stated that they bought the debt in May 2006. Which company was it sold to? Was it HFO Caymen or HFO Capital? The reason I ask is that I think either Coledog or Donkey pointed out on my thread that my dodgy Notice of Assignment which they sent under my CCA request was dated 2007 and stated the debt was sold to HFO Capital, however HFO Capital did not exist then. I believe your debt should say it was sold to HFO Caymen (this should be on the NOA).

Just thought I would point this out as HFO will make paperwork and dates up to suit themselves and you should analyise any thing they send you

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

Yes correct Formister, that is why it is important to keep together all the correspondence and get that SAR from Barclaycard!

Also send the CPR letter to TR and see what documents they come back with.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Bit muddled there, Formister.

There are TWO companies called HFO Capital Ltd. One is based in the Cayman Islands, and was originally the owner of the debts chased by HFO Services.

HFO created another company called HFO Capital Ltd in Ireland in late 2007, which acquired the assets of HFO Capital Ltd (Cayman) on 31 January 2008.

By definition, any account acquired by any company calling itself HFO Capital before, say, December 2007, must have been sold to the Cayman version.

But HFO Cayman had a contract that ALL its CURRENT and FUTURE acquired accounts were instantly reassigned to HFO Services. This contract runs till January 2011.

So what exactly HFO Capital Ireland bought from HFO Cayman I don’t know, because by its own admission, HFO Cayman owned diddly squat.

This is why HFO Capital Ltd struggles to have locus standii in its legal cases in the UK – not because of where it is geographically, but because of the complex ownership and assignment issues. Which we know all about.

Edited by DonkeyB

• 2 months later...