itsalongwayback

Scooping money from current account to pay credit card

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I currently have a payment plan in place with RBS will they be able to dip into a nat west current account to take money to pay off this debt

Thanks

yes if they really wanted to as there part of RBS, it will be in your T&C's

simple remedy open another bank account with say santander then have wages etc payed into the new account don't give them a chance to remove funds from current account to pay off any debts.

Thanks

That is what i thought but when i asked in nat west they said rbs could not do hence why i have not fully used it yet will leave my priority stuff with santander

i had same problem with HSBC and a M&S card, i got offered a bank account with Santander but despite sending them prof of my overdraft with HSBC they would not match it, so i'm chanceing it with HSBC atm for a while will i can get a bank to match my overdraft as i do use it a bit

If you are using your overdraft then you would have no money for them to dip into unless your wages bring you back into credit, you would need a second account to protect your wages or in goings,So starting a fresh you would not require a overdraft, I started a fresh after lloyds were taking 500 pounds of my wages each month santander gave me 1000 pound overdraft that I have never used.

they can take out of overdraft and thus create a second debt if they really wanted (p.s i only use my over draft as back up (99% of time i'm in credit these days thank god!)

You must use another account they will take money without warning then you will be in worse trouble, if they take money out of your overdraft once your up to your limit all money payed in will be swollowed up.

Yes they can, and will not hesitate, open a bank account with a bank you owe nothing to, and transfer all your income to it.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

According to the Banking Code of Practice, banks should not be able to garnish accounts with debit balances, nor should they "wipe out" your credit balance without first taking into account your day-to-day living expenses, priority debts and priority arrears but, of course, they DO!!

In my case LloydsTSB garnished my current account to cover reduced payments on my loan account with them on receipt of my monthly salary without prior notiification. They took x amount leaving me with £50 to survive on for the rest of the month. I immediately complained by telephone and in writing. LloydsTSB subsequently credited my bank account with x - £125 (being my reduced monthly loan repayment). THEN, unbelievably, garnished the account again on the very same day leaving just £30 in my account. I eventually received a written apology and a refund of £60 in respect of bank charges but it was incredibly frightening! They had garnished just over £2000 in 3 days from an account with a £1,200 balance! The prospect of not being able to pay that month's rent, honour all my household direct debits and not having enough money for food or petrol to get to work scared me rigid.

Needless to say, I stopped paying my loan full stop and now have my salary paid into a parachute account. I am still in dispute with LloydsTSB.

Not the treatment I expected after banking with them for more than 30 years.

Impecunious!

According to the Banking Code of Practice, banks should not be able to garnish accounts with debit balances, nor should they "wipe out" your credit balance without first taking into account your day-to-day living expenses, priority debts and priority arrears but, of course, they DO!!

In my case LloydsTSB garnished my current account to cover reduced payments on my loan account with them on receipt of my monthly salary without prior notiification. They took x amount leaving me with £50 to survive on for the rest of the month. I immediately complained by telephone and in writing. LloydsTSB subsequently credited my bank account with x - £125 (being my reduced monthly loan repayment). THEN, unbelievably, garnished the account again on the very same day leaving just £30 in my account. I eventually received a written apology and a refund of £60 in respect of bank charges but it was incredibly frightening! They had garnished just over £2000 in 3 days from an account with a £1,200 balance! The prospect of not being able to pay that month's rent, honour all my household direct debits and not having enough money for food or petrol to get to work scared me rigid.

Needless to say, I stopped paying my loan full stop and now have my salary paid into a parachute account. I am still in dispute with LloydsTSB.

Not the treatment I expected after banking with them for more than 30 years.

Impecunious!

Absolutely, and as bad as your story is, i have read many worse than that on here...so to all in this predicament, open a parachute account with a bank totally unconnected with any debt you may have, (research this last point on the net, you will be surprised which banks are connected to various credit cards for instance!)

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site