Excel Parking ticket (PCN)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a parking ticket from these clowns for parking in a private car park. No one ever pays as i have never seen anyone in 5 years monitoring car park. Not really an excuse but the car is registered in my mums name so she was not the driver, but is the one recieving the PCN.

Looking on here i have ignored them a couple of days but now have but now have recieved a final demand prior to court action.

Its a PCN or so they claim and was in a private shopping centre car park. I believe they can not really do anything as they have to prove who the driver was.No photograph of me driving.

Whats the best advice as i dont want to upset my mum with threats etc. She knows its a con so is ok with it at the moment.. Should i just continue to ignore or fire off a letter of some sort

Thanks

As above ignore, normal course of events is

2 letters from PPC

2 letters from DCA (next desk in office)

2 letters from supposed solicitor (next but one desk or better the office cleaner(they are more intelligent than the office staff in these offices))

dpick

Can they put a default on your credit rating etc?

Just dont want my Mums credit etc to be affected.

No, there is no "debt" as no money was lent. The only way a credit rating can be affected over these parking tickets is if the case goes to court (very unlikely) you lose (very, very unlikely) and you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders. Then a CCJ would be issued. As this is so unlikely to happen then you can forget about it.

Only if you gave your permission for them to do so. Do remember, under the DPA, Consumers must give their permission for data to be disclosed to third parties in order for a credit file to be affected. So if in the unlikely event of it happening, you can complain to the ICO, who will arrange for its removal.

Hey, there's a bunch of those shortly nolonger to be able to make a killing out of this misery slogging it out on here.

http://www.lynnefeatherstone.org/2010/08/wheel-clamp-ban-survey.htm

apparantly they think banning clamping is unfair and the worlds going to fall apart.

Not sure if it's just one person multi spamming - but if so, they're pretending to be the whole pack !

even an accolade to the good character of Renshaw-Smith and all the hard work he does on his ... wait for it ! service for the good of Joe Public

And this is another tiirade from that guy from National Clamps:-

National Clamps' View Point:

Trevor Whitehouse chairman of National Clamps says that these measures are ludicrous this is typical of an MP who knows about government issues and nothing about the Private Parking Industry.

I on the other hand with 21 years of experience and a founder honouree member of the Industry of Parking Professionals can tell you that public awareness now of wheel clamping has brought ease and comfort to the proprietor by providing low cost car parking management.

The alternatives are daunting, are we actually going to turn the clock back to draconian measures - I.E. Pop up studs, unlocking chains, expensive barriers or do the government expect us all to issues Fixed Penalty Notices where only 62% pay whilst the rest end up with small claims court proceedings resulting in visits from bailiffs, surely that is worse.

All that’s required is a cap on the release fee, time limit’s before vehicles can be towed and only as a last resort in instances of blocking fire exits, emergency exits or access to land. All the companies should be licensed and regulated by the SIA.

National Clamps' message to our clients

You can rest assured that what ever the outcome we are prepared for every eventuality hopefully using the threat of wheel clamping will still provide good car park management. However we are members of the BPA we have been scrutinised and accepted by the DVLA we have direct access using the EDI into the database. We are ISO 9001 approved.

Our chairman is also the owner of ANPR Ltd, which as you already know is Automatic Number Plate Recognition. We have both hardware and software to meet any demands.

We are open to suggestions; we have every intention of fighting this and will require your help. We will be in touch via our usual media.

Meet, e-mail, write to, call your MP. It’s not too late - we can't do this on your behalf.

Note the bit that says "Fixed Penalty Notices where only 62% pay whilst the rest end up with small claims court proceedings resulting in visits from bailiffs, surely that is worse. "

Of course they don't end up in court, they get ignored and nothing else happens.

And he forgets to mention the 20 year-old ban in Scotland.

Note the bit that says "Fixed Penalty Notices where only 62% pay whilst the rest end up with small claims court proceedings resulting in visits from bailiffs, surely that is worse. "

Of course they don't end up in court, they get ignored and nothing else happens.

And he forgets to mention the 20 year-old ban in Scotland.

he also forgets to mention that they don't issue "Fixed Penalty Notices" at all in the first place. They are invoices, nothing more.

• 1 month later...

Hi again, just an update really.

After a few letter from Roxburghe one has arrived from Graham White Solicitors. The letter has been signed by the one and only Micheal Sorbell.

Is the general thought to carry on ignoring or is a letter for harrassment the best bet now??