Please HELP: How to appeal a PCN issued using CCTV

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I posted this thread a few days ago after I received a PCN from Camden Council, but I have had NO replies to my enquiry. Please could someone help as I only have A WEEK left within which to appeal this PCN. I have copied and pasted below my original message from 24 August.

pcn using cctv evidence issued by camden council

I have today received a pcn
link3.gif
from Camden Council for the 'alleged traffic contravention: Failing to drive in the direction shown by the arrow on a blue sign (proceeding in the wrong direction) In GREAT RUSSELL STREET WC1 on 18.8.2010'.

I know that others have also had this same pcn and I wondered if I could get some help in appealing it. I would also like to know if the other cases listed for this same offence in Great Russell Street WC1 have successfully appealed their pcn and if so, how was it done?

Thanks

if there is clearly a blue sign .. you're stuffed.

dx

Edited by dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did turn off Great Russell Street but at the traffic lights junction where I turned off there was NO sign prohibiting a turn onto the road I drove into and the blue 'ahead only' blue sign was posted on Great Russell Street AFTER the traffic light junction where I turned off.

what the ones at the cross roads with bloomsbury st?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes. I think that the turning from Great Russell Street was onto Bloomsbury Street at the traffic lights junction. I was headed for Bloomsbury Way and the usual right turn from Charing Cross Road was closed due to roadworks and the temporary diversion signs on the roadway led to Great Russell Street from where this was the way to Bloomsbury Way. There was no prohibitory sign off Great Russell Street to this turn and the 'ahead only' blue sign was on a lampost after this traffic light junction where I turned off.

urm...

you need to look at google maps/streetview

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=51.517791,-0.12769317&z=17&t=h&hl=en

one side of the traffic lights - the green lights are a fwd facing arrow and blue fwd arrows

and the otherway is a left turn green light and a blue left arrow

there are also road markings.

sorry

dx

and they

As I said before, I'm not quite certain that it was Bloomsbury Street where I turned off Great Russell Street, but there is definitely no left hand turn option at those traffic lights as Bloomsbury Street is one way traffic. I know with certainty that the traffic lights are not signed with any directional arrows and the blue ahead only sign is posted after the traffic junction.

Thanks. The 4 photos supplied by Camden do not show any road names and I have not been able to access the online video function on the council's website as it tells me that my PCN number and car registration are incorrect. Yet, the paper PCN does correctly show my car registration. My main defence that seems best to apply is the confusion of their temporary road closure/diversion road way signs that led me down this route.The right hand turn off Charing Cross Road onto New Oxford Street was closed due to road works. But, I do not know if that's been a useful tack though for those who have successfully appealed. Even though that is the reality of how come I got routed down the turn off Great Russell Street that I took which generated this cctv based PCN.

This is the view approaching Bloomsbury Street from Gt Russell Street;

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Great+Russell+Street,+Camden+Town&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=14.327693,46.362305&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Great+Russell+St,+Camden+Town,+Greater+London,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.518681,-0.126311&spn=0,0.005659&z=18&layer=c&cbll=51.517686,-0.128156&panoid=S4R8XxyZe7kO0apXQT8qtA&cbp=12,65.03,,0,5

Surely the diversion route would of been via St Giles High Street as there is no right turn from Charing Cross Road into New Oxford Street anyway (as shown here)?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=charing+cross+road,+Camden+Town&sll=51.517686,-0.128156&sspn=0.001769,0.005659&ie=UTF8&cd=1&hq=&hnear=Charing+Cross+Rd,+Camden+Town,+Greater+London,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.518457,-0.127877&spn=0,0.011319&z=17&layer=c&cbll=51.516137,-0.130329&panoid=OC10OPIli7C7qi0AZKMuOg&cbp=12,10.89,,0,-2

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action. Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

I followed the diversion signs from the traffic light junction where Charing Cross Road crosses New Oxford Street and becomes Tottenham Court Road. I was headed to Bloomsbury Way. The diversion signs took me onto Great Russell Street and from there I turned into a side street, which might have been Bloomsbury Street, from where I turned onto Bloomsbury Way. The traffic light junction where I turned off Great Russell Street did not have any directional arrow lights, nor a prohibitory sign restricting my turn off, although just beyond the traffic light junction I did see a blue 'ahead only' sign posted. But, that was located AFTER the traffic light junction where I turned off from Great Russell Street. So, my appeal is the confusion of the temporary diversion signs posted due to the road closure caused by roadworks and the fact that the 'ahead only' blue sign referred to in the PCN was located after the point at the traffic light junction where I turned off Great Russell Street. There was also no prohibitory turning sign or directional arrow on the traffic light sign. Just don't know if Camden Council can reject my appeal if they are not responsible for siting the temporary 'diversion' signs on the roadway. These may have been put there by whatever company needed the roadway closed due to its road works.

Without seeing pics of them, it would be impossible to say.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Unfortunately, I did not take any pics that day as I had no way of knowing that I'd get a PCN a week later. And the roadworks were temporary ones so I expect they will have relocated elsewhere by now. It seems to me from the advice on this forum so far that my best way forward is to appeal the PCN on grounds of the vague location listed and add the problems encountered by the temporary diversion signs on the roadway on that day and the blue ahead only sign being on the lamp post after the junction at which I turned off Great Russell Street. I wonder how often such appeals succeed for the many tens of PCNs issued daily?! It is such a lucrative source of income for councils.