I need help with a wee project...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted on a thread a couple of days ago, and it struck me that the OP was most of all paralysed because he didn't KNOW that the DCA was in fact powerless, and the forum is so big now that it takes a lot of searching to find the gold so to speak. So....

I want to create a guide to DCAs, and make sure that when people Google any of those names, the thread is at the top of the search, so that first of all, they can be reassured. If they're not afraid, they can start thinking logically and then fight back, but first they need not to be scared anymore.

So, I want to name them all, so I am going to post here the ones I can think of, please add to the list. Also if you see one on the list and there is no documentation, could you please post a copy of their template letters (washed of all info, but you knew that, right? :lol:).

Ultimately, I want someone to type "Lowells" in a search engine, and they will see their MO, a copy of their threatograms, etc... and so, once that thread is live and going, I'll be asking every one of you to help publicising it, but that's in the future, obviously. (I'm away all next week for starters, so I won't be able to start compiling until after that, but in the meantime, all info is welcome.

PLEASE TRY NOT TO DUPLICATE THE INFO, SEE WHAT OTHERS HAVE POSTED FIRST!!!! :-)

Thanks,

BW

Ok, I'll start:

LOWELLS

HAMPTON LEGAL

RED

METROPOLITAN COLLECTION SERVICES

SCOTCALL

CAPQUEST

CABOT

These are the ones who spring to mind right now, but then I am doped to the gills, so all assistance appreciated. C'mon, people, we can beat the b'stards. ;-)

Buchananclark & Wells

RMA Risk Management Alternatives

AIC Allied International Credit

Eversheds

Blair Oliver & Scott (Halifax/Bank of scotland in house DCA)

CCS Commercial Credit Services

Intrum Justicia

Asset Collection & Investigation Ltd

Mackenzie Hall

RCS Revenue Collection Services

SRJ Debt Recoveries

DTS Debt Transaction Services

S C Gray Solicitors Limited

Horwich Farrelly Solicitors

That was really hard not to put their CAG nicknames....But they are all the ones I have correspondence for, aren't I lucky!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

BB, I love you. (and it has nothing to do with your avatar always looking like a huge penis!)

So it does! It shall remain then...:p

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Fairfax Solicitors

Judge & Priestley LLP/Connaught Collections?1St. Credit

Ruthbridge

LCS solicitors in house 1ST Credit

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

CL Finance (part of the lewis group)

The lewis group

Smith Lawson ( student loans company also known as SLC in house collection team)

Thesis Servicing Ltd (debts sold by student loans )

Newman and co (ebay fees and others)

Credit Solutions Holdings Ltd. (The Crucible group)

Credit Solutions Ltd. (The Crucible group)

power2contact Ltd. (The Crucible group)

Cougar Financial Services (The Crucible group)

i'll do some more later!

Edited by master woody

1st Credit

AIC Debt Collectors

Aktive Kapital Debt Collectors

Allied Credit

Allied International Credit

Allied International Debt Collectors

Apex Credit Management

ARC Debt Collectors

Arrow Financial Debt Collectors

Arrow Global Ltd.

Asset Recoveries

Avance Debt Collectors

BCW Group PLC

Blair Oliver Scott

Bryan Carter

Buchanan Clark & Wells

Cabot Financial

CapQuest

CL Finance

Clarity Credit Management

Close Credit Management

Connaught Debt Recovery

Credit Solutions Debt Collectors

Debt Managers

Direct Legal & Collections

Equidebt

Evershed Solicitors

Experto Credite Ltd

First Credit Debt Collectors

Frederickson International Ltd

Go Debt Limited

Gothia Debt Collectors

Hillesden Securities

HO Collections

HFO Services Ltd

Intrum Justitia Debt Collectors

Lewis Group

Link Financial Ltd

Lowell Group

Mackenzie Hall Ltd

Marlin Capital Ltd

Mercers Debt Collectors

Moorcroft Debt Recovery

Newman & Company Ltd

Red Debt Collection

RMA Debt Collectors

Robinson Way and Company Ltd

Rockwell Debt Collectors

Roxburghe UK Ltd

Scotcall Ltd

Sechiari Clarke & Mitchell

Shoosmiths

SRJ Debt Recoveries Ltd

TBI Financial Services Ltd

Tessera Credit Services Ltd

Thames Credit Ltd

Turnball Rutherford Solicitors

Westcot Credit Services

sorry about duplicaion but a great find, all with links

Edited by citizenB
Restored text without the hyperlinking
  • Haha 1

Are these companies that have no legal right to collect money off you ?

I've had letters off a couple of the above companies (fredericksons and lowell spring to mind) but they never say who the debt is for. I did agree to pay one but then forgot to pay.

Haven't heard from anyone in a while. ;)

Are these companies that have no legal right to collect money off you ?

I've had letters off a couple of the above companies (fredericksons and lowell spring to mind) but they never say who the debt is for. I did agree to pay one but then forgot to pay.Haven't heard from anyone in a while. ;)

Sorry but please start your own thread, this has nothing to do with enforceable debts, this is solely to do with who chases for what. You will get no reply from this thread..

Hi there

don't forget RESTONS solicitors --usually act for HFC a wholly owned subsidary of H(ideousely) S(windling) B(anking) C(orporation)--these guys go to Court at the first opportunity, don't discuss or make agreements and invariably NEVER send out a full and accurate statement of account no matter how many times you request one. Every letter they send out is ALWAYS veiled in really nasty languge such as PAY THIS WIHIN XXX DAYS COURT NO EXCEPTIONS.

A totally 100% unpleasant firm to deal with --nice to see taxpayers money spent on education going the way of these scumbags.

Cheers

jimbo

One I haven't seen mentioned so far is "Arden Credit Management" - a division of "Moorgate Loan Servicing Limited" (used to trade as "Paragon").

Address: Arden Credit Management, PO Box 15276, Solihull, B91 9PN Tel: 0845 849 4132

Hope that helps!

All great, but please don't forget to post the threatograms! :-)

I'm off to Paris 1st thing tomorrow AM, but will be back at the weekend, school starts again next Wednesday, so should be able to start working on the stuff by then. :-)

All great, but please don't forget to post the threatograms! :-)

Oh great! It will probably take me until you get back to scan and post them all up, I'll have to put them in date order too!

It's alright, a sample of the worst ones will do nicely!

Basically, I want to post side by side a standard threatogram, you know the type, where they threaten repossession, being hanged up by the thumbs, charging orders all sent by a "solicitor" who is in fact the deck next door to "James". :razz:) the I want to highlight the scary words, which is what people see and sends them in panic. Next to it, i want to highlight the words which are really important, like "may" "might" "planning to" etc... I want to teach people to read, isn't that a noble aim? :-D

So for this, I don't need every type of letter (far too many I suspect anyway), but a few chosen samples so that we can then say to people: Look at this, and see what it REALLY says. (in the classic 21 picture is worth a thousand words, lol).

Anyway, stop whining and get on with it, beatch. :razz:

I have a load which if put in order will range from 'important please do not ignore' to 'reduced settlement offer' along with 'comfirmed resident' blah blah blah, I'll get onto it, it's a good laugh anyway!