Halifax late payment showing - should this be defaulted ?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3678 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all,

I have a Halifax loan that i enterered into an arranagement to pay some years ago. My experian file shows a continuous monthly history of being '6 payments late' although I am in an arrangement and have not missed a payment since.

Whilst i appreciate that they have probably marked me as 6 payments late during the setup of the arrangement, it has not shown as defaulted and will therefore remain on my file indefinately (according to experian) unless it is settled (and then take a FURTHER 6 years from this date)

I have another agreement with barclaycard which is showing as payments upto date and I am in an arrangement with them too - which is correct?

I have written to Halifax to ask for further information twice and I have been ignored.

Can anyone advise me?

Thank you

i don't think there are any hard and fast rules upon 'how' co's report your status to the cra's, they do as they wish in these cases.

poss ask the cra that question via their site's Q&A ?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx, thanks for the reply, i asked the cra directly and this was the response i got:

Halifax (Account started 22/05/03):

The status history of an account shows how you made payments in relation to your original repayment contract. Late or reduced payments may still be shown in the status history of an account even if you made an arrangement with the lender to do so.

I'm not sure exactly what that means but i'm certainly not 6 payments late with my repayment plan, surely this should either have shown as defaulted back in 2003/2004 or as 'up to date'?

What do you think ? Even though i have been paying them for 6 years I will always have another 6 years to look forward to once I have repaid it all off

Hi all,

Just thought i'd post an update, i got a reply from Halifaxs' DCA and they have admitted the 6 late payments is incorrect. They are in the process of changing this to a default from 04/2007 when the account was passed to them . As i plan on settling the account this year, at least i have shaved 3 years off the 6 total that this will be held with the CRA's

Regards

Edited by lancer10
typo

I also have this situation with Halifax. It should be showing as defaulted but it's showing as late payments. Can I ask what address you wrote to to get the response?

Thanks.