• Tweets

• Sorry not great with forum technology,  it says accepted file types jpg ongoing etc which I believe the file type was png or at least that's the details showing up on my phone, I'm even less good with conversion of the aforementioned so, I think we'll just leave that one then.   Also I think you mean because he supplied no cancellation information prior to the contract that automatically negates me having to pay / or be charged from the balance of the car any costs associated with the return, he also has to refund me the cost of delivery, however I am actually willing (maybe) to let that one go apon receipt of a refund.    This situation has already been the source of great stress
    • Don't just sign or agree to anything.   You need to be careful and not sign anything until you fully read a new TA making sure they're not  a "break clause" in it.   "A break clause is a term in the tenancy agreement that gives the landlord and/or tenant the right to end a fixed term tenancy before the expiry of the fixed term period"    
    • Is there a reason they took so long to send the PCN? The car was on hire or a change of address perhaps. As they have not claimed to be using POFA it is important that you do not reveal the identity of the driver. No POFA means they cannot pursue the keeper so just ignore everything from them and their unregulated debt collectors and ignorant second rate solicitors. [Sorry that was a slur on second rate solicitors].  Just ignore them all. To go to Court they need the name and address of the driver so if you ignore them there is no chance they will find out. While that does mean that you are not liable to pay them a penny they won't look at it like that and pretend that you do owe them-probably escalating the bill every time they write. This works in your favour as the most that they can ask is the amount on their signage but they always seem to want to overcharge which gets them a slap.  All you have to do is let us know if they stupidly decide to send you a Letter of Claim [it's probably more greed than stupidity but they do both of them so well it is hard to know which one it is.]. If you do get an LBC come back to us so we will give them a snotty reply which may be enough to see them off. In the meantime go on with your life safe in the knowledge that you owe them nothing and there is nothing they can do to change that.
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Halifax late payment showing - should this be defaulted ?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3681 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all,

I have a Halifax loan that i enterered into an arranagement to pay some years ago. My experian file shows a continuous monthly history of being '6 payments late' although I am in an arrangement and have not missed a payment since.

Whilst i appreciate that they have probably marked me as 6 payments late during the setup of the arrangement, it has not shown as defaulted and will therefore remain on my file indefinately (according to experian) unless it is settled (and then take a FURTHER 6 years from this date)

I have another agreement with barclaycard which is showing as payments upto date and I am in an arrangement with them too - which is correct?

I have written to Halifax to ask for further information twice and I have been ignored.

Can anyone advise me?

Thank you

i don't think there are any hard and fast rules upon 'how' co's report your status to the cra's, they do as they wish in these cases.

poss ask the cra that question via their site's Q&A ?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx, thanks for the reply, i asked the cra directly and this was the response i got:

Halifax (Account started 22/05/03):

The status history of an account shows how you made payments in relation to your original repayment contract. Late or reduced payments may still be shown in the status history of an account even if you made an arrangement with the lender to do so.

I'm not sure exactly what that means but i'm certainly not 6 payments late with my repayment plan, surely this should either have shown as defaulted back in 2003/2004 or as 'up to date'?

What do you think ? Even though i have been paying them for 6 years I will always have another 6 years to look forward to once I have repaid it all off

Hi all,

Just thought i'd post an update, i got a reply from Halifaxs' DCA and they have admitted the 6 late payments is incorrect. They are in the process of changing this to a default from 04/2007 when the account was passed to them . As i plan on settling the account this year, at least i have shaved 3 years off the 6 total that this will be held with the CRA's

Regards

Edited by lancer10
typo

I also have this situation with Halifax. It should be showing as defaulted but it's showing as late payments. Can I ask what address you wrote to to get the response?

Thanks.