• Tweets

• Thanks dx.    Would I not SAR Asset Link Capital as it was assigned to them in 2016 (according to the POC)?   To provide some context, I'm familiar with attending hearings etc and have fought and won a couple of battles.  I don't mind risking a couple of K in extra costs to give it a shot but I need to feel that there is at least a chance of success.   The card was originally an Egg card taken back in 2000 and then sold to BC who then sold to Asset Link Captial (no5) Limited.   When I did a CCA request to BC back in 2015, they provided reconstituted T&C's that post dated when I took the card out with Egg and a Credit Agreement for BC (which was clearly made up as the account was with EGG!).   Appreciate you are being careful to provide advice and not push someone to do something that could end up costing more money, I'm up for the fight though!
    • Public backs debt enforcement to support vital public services - survey | CIVEA View the full article
    • you wont get eric and that doesn't solve your problem as thats mainly to do with private parking set asides really as most judges now view PPC Backdoor CCJ with dissent and grant it regardless.    i absolutely hate link and paul burrell he built up a £1B+ empire of wealth solely by conning debtors into paying debts they mostly didn't even owe, but in this instance you are on very shaky ground.   me pers i'd not even debated it and i'd just gone for it win or bust. once you get the set aside it should be plain sailing.   but you came for advice and i can't not be truthful here.   the only otherway to better gauge you chances is to SAR Barclaycard , get everything they hold. that will show you the cards that Link will have to play with , they might well be pants.      
    • I have read everything about these cowboys but need a little advice. I was issued my fine on 9/12/19 but only received a dated letter on 11/01/20.   Ive had all the threatening letters from DRP and now Zenith and ignored them all. My wife was driving our car but yet its my dad who's getting all the letters as he's the registered owner. They managed to get my number and rang me today, I busted them for being the same company but the guy on the phone was super aggressive. I said to him Ive spoken to Trading Standards and they told me by law a ticket has to be issued within 14 days of the offence. But as you can see it was over a month, I said this to the aggressive dude on the phone who actually knew way to much about parking fines. So I think they are actually under the same umbrella as VCS also.   He was firing back that the law doesn't state that and I should look at 2012 laws or something and the DVLA, and it takes time to get my details from the DVLA to issue my charge????   Does this mean anything to anyone pls Regards   Stuart
    • Thanks to both of you, I've PM'd Ericsbrother.   dx - I wonder if you would be able to suggest a couple of hypothetical basic defences that you think would be valid  (just to see if it sparks any thoughts of a different approach I could take)?
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3677 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was supposed to attend a grievance hearing last week, but my union rep advised me to not to attend.

She told me that she had seen the Chair of the Grievance Panel discussing my case with my former employer and 48 hours before the hearing and this collusion constituted a breach of the proceedings. The panel is supposed to be completely unbiased, and my rep told me that because there was proof that the procedure had not been followed properly, it was her opinion that the whole matter should be reassessed.

My rep then told my employer that perhaps it was time to start thinking about a possible deal. Apparently, they came back with an offer that was equal to four weeks's pay, redundancy monies the equivalent of four years and then a bonus of £400 to ensure my silence about what I've suffered at the hands of this very public establishment.

During the course of my employment I have been mocked and jeered at by management, my needs have been ignored by the overall manager, and my disability has been overlooked by my employers and not taken into consideration during an interview process. I was selected for redundancy and the news was broken to me by gossip from colleagues instead of by the management. I have raised grievances in respect of all these, but the management have either ignored my grievances or thrown them out. I was passed a copy of an email from a colleague where the manager states that he is "reluctant to act".

I'm sorry, but I don't want to deal. I have spent hours typing up correspondence, preparing for meetings, stressing out. My health is shot to hell as I suffer with depression. I am on the maximum dose possible of my current medication and I am still losing it with my husband and the children. I really beleive that my employers are responsible for my current ill health and I am not the only one suffering. My children suffer with my mood swings, my husband feels neglected and unwanted and I loathe myself for being such a pushover for so long.

My union rep has advised me that unless I deal she may not be able to represent me for much longer. Under her advice, I forfeited any right to appeal their decision to make my role redundant, and I now consider this helped my employers more than me.

I want my employers to pay for the amount of time I've had to spend going over paperwork in respect of the grievances I raised and I would like some recognition of the fact that what's happened to me was not my fault and that they accept that responsibility. My union rep advised me that they have learned from this experience, but I seriously doubt it because from my perspective, they're going to carry on regardless and I won't be able to make any form of claim against them if I accept my rep's advice.

I think I need further help on these issues. Anyone?

Hi ............. try and keep it together. My wife and I have just gone through a 3 year grievance and ET case with a NHS trust. The union were worse than useless. We found having recourse to legal protection insurance a godsend. have you that insurance policy? It is normally attached to home contents insurance. If you have it may be time to ditch the union and get the employment lawyers in.

What kind of organisation is your employer, PLC, Government dept, private?

That's great news. Perhaps you should now phone up for a chat with the insurers and then once they have given advice put in an application for a solicitor to take the case on.

The solicitors have said that they cannot help until I have lost my job or been made redundant. However, I still have not received my notice of redundancy from my employers, even though my redundancy should take effect from the 2nd September.

Hello there. Your case sounds terrible and I really hope you can fight effectively and get some kind of justice and recompense for you and your family. I also hope you find some peace of mind soon; maybe not working there any more will help and you will be able concentrate on being nice to yourself. Then it will probably rub off on your family and everyone will feel a bit better. Keep posting here and we'll do whatever we can.

My best, HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum