style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Hi,

I got a Drydens letter a while ago.

Drydens wanted £150 off me, and citizens advice wrote a letter for me to send that said

" I am not legally liable to pay the £150 demanded of me"

I had another letter back from them, full of long words just for the sake of using them, I ignored it and have not heard anything back from them since.

Now I am dealing with RLP, I sent them them the same thing, and they only told me why Tk Maxx were legally allowed to recover costs, but still didn't explain why I was legally liable to pay them.

RLP seem a bit more vicious than Drydens, they don't seem to say the word "may" very much.

EG

"blah blah blah, we saw you do it on cctv blah blah blah. This evidence *will* be prepared at the appropriate time and subsequently confirmed in court

"We have only addressed the issues which have a legal basis, any other points not answered are not relevant to this case."

So I guess that the fact I don't have to pay isn't relevant then.......so why are you writing to me?!

The security staff know I am not going to pay, I told them (and the police) I wasn't. They were not too happy, but I said to them that I don't have to pay anything other than the police fine, and that's exactly what I would do.

Anyway, should I continue to ignore them and hope like drydens that they leave me alone?

But one thing is for sure. They are getting nothing off me.

Hi,

Hi,

I got a Drydens letter a while ago.

Drydens wanted £150 off me, and citizens advice wrote a letter for me to send that said

" I am not legally liable to pay the £150 demanded of me"

I had another letter back from them, full of long words just for the sake of using them, I ignored it and have not heard anything back from them since.

Now I am dealing with RLP, I sent them them the same thing, and they only told me why Tk Maxx were legally allowed to recover costs, but still didn't explain why I was legally liable to pay them.

RLP seem a bit more vicious than Drydens, they don't seem to say the word "may" very much.

EG

"blah blah blah, we saw you do it on cctv blah blah blah. This evidence *will* be prepared at the appropriate time and subsequently confirmed in court

"We have only addressed the issues which have a legal basis, any other points not answered are not relevant to this case."

So I guess that the fact I don't have to pay isn't relevant then.......so why are you writing to me?!

The security staff know I am not going to pay, I told them (and the police) I wasn't. They were not too happy, but I said to them that I don't have to pay anything other than the police fine, and that's exactly what I would do.

Anyway, should I continue to ignore them and hope like drydens that they leave me alone?

But one thing is for sure. They are getting nothing off me.

When you say "police fine" I assume you mean an FPN (fixed penalty notice) if so please note that if RLP quote "your guilty cos you wos fined by the police etc" remind them an FPN is NOT an admission of guilt nor does it in anyway cast aspersions on your character cos the Appeal Court says so