Clamping on Private Property

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ahoy.

I live in a cul-de-sac, and as far im aware the road is private property of the housing association.

Today, some nob-ends from a private traffic control place have turned up, put up signs saying that they will clamp/remove vehicles not displaying permits.

1. I do not have a permit.

2. My parking space, and all others are driveways on the property, not on the road.

3. The HA have given no notice or discussion this is happening.

4. As far as I am aware clamping on private property is illegal as of this November, is this correct?

5. There is now a sign on the wall of the neighbouring house, and the tenant has had no notice, and told the guy to stop, and he was very rude to him and essentially told him to nob off.

So, Is it enforcable? Can they come onto the boundries of my property and clamp cars in my garden/driveway? I have 2 family members driving down in seperate cars due to a family emergency, and they are parking on my property.

The tenants have not been informed, not had the matter discussed. There are no porblems of parking on the street, as we are an out of the way cul-de-sac.

Thanks

Is there any contact number on those signs ? You might give the clamping company a ring to see if they have erected the signs in the wrong location. Also, is their an emergency number to ring the housing association so you can tell them what's happening?

Dig out your deeds / lease and tell us exactly what it says about parking.

Clamping is illegal in November, so there's a mad rush to wring every last penny out it now.

You neighbour should cover up the sign if it on his property.

Its on your curtilage right ?

highly unlikely they can do anything lawfully.

Check the deeds, tell us what they say.

and why would you need a permit to park on your own land.

and what agreement do you have with the HA that even allows them to employ clampers ?.

get a copy of the contact between the HA and the clampers.

Which clamping company is it ? they are all going to be out a job soon so they will be making hay at your expense..

you can see that from their outrageous position - clamping on your own drive.

nip it in the bud and nip it hard.