Help please? Confused and dazed by late wife.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a house in 1989 with my late wife but because I was going through a divorce at the time my wife bought the house in her name only and she completed the mortgage application. That mortgage application was completed with incorrect information using the help and assistance of a mortgage broker who was never licensed under the CCA and I believe has since gone to prison, although I have no proof of this.

My late wife said on the application form that she worked for me, she never did and she also misrepresented her income. The person who arranged the mortgage was a mortgage broker who was complicit in misleading the mortgage company. I did not know any of this until my wife died.

I have not got probate sorted out although I think we are close to this now but the Bank are attempting to repossess the house as I have not been able, due to ill health to pay the mortgage since shortly after my wife died.

Can anyone help with who regulated mortgages in 1989, as far as I can tell it is not the FSA as they were not around so do they fall under the CCA 1974 rules?

Also do I have to pay for a mortgage on a home I lived in that was obtained through false representation by the legal owner of the property who is now dead. I am due to inherit the house but I will lose my rightful inheritance if the bank take the house as a result of an unlawfully obtained mortgage, I cannot afford legal fees so I am lost and have a court hearing next week.