Another PCN, vehicle control services ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read as much as possible i can on these charges, and so far it looks like the companies charging these ridiculous amounts of money dont have a leg to stand on.

But, i would just like a bit of extra clarification on my own charge I received two days ago.

I was at the Centertainment car park behind the Cineworld cinema. The car park was absolutely packed and so i joined a line of cars parked on the curb around the car park. I came back to the car to find the ticket, with reason of issue as " parked beyond bay markings".

The car in question is not mine, I am a named driver. Also without being in a space at all, could I be beyond the markings?

The fine is for £80, which to me is alot of money. I was thinking just to pay it to resolve the issue, but now i am thinking otherwise.

Any advice would be great. Thanks, Nick.

The term "parked beyond bay markings" is the correct term for parking anywhere in a COUNCIL car park that is not within an official bay.

As you may have guessed by now, PPCs do all they can to make you think their scamvoices are as legitimate as council ones by making them look like official PCNs in terms of size/shape, they call them "parking charge notices" so that they can give them the abbreviated name of PCN (ooh just like a real Penalty Charge Notice is called a PCN) and they even try and use the same "contravention codes" as a council just like on yours!

Markings on private car-parks are meaningless, with no laws to back them up. Just ignore the parking company and do not contact them. And, by the way, it's not a "fine", it's an invoice which you don't have to pay.

The idea of paying a PPC invoice to 'make it go away' has about as much merit as paying an admin fee to a Nigerian Lottery scamster in order to collect your winning millions.

The PPC ticket is a piece of rubbish, it's not a real fine so stop thinking of it as one. It is frankly ridiculous that Cineworld and any other retailers on that site want to actually chase business away by saying that once the car park bays are full then anyone else should pay £80! That's just daft and a pathetic attempt to extort money from you.

Who do these companies think they are - the Police? Well they are not, they are a private company who have no more power to fine anyone than I do. In fact I would park there again if I were you and collect some more of their trash.

The problem is that this country is currently overriden with parasites known as private parking companies who leech off the back of any other successful businesses by ripping off the 'proper' company's customers. And at last the British public is starting to cotton on to the fact that these tickets are unenforceable and just a con.

It's such a common [problem] that almost everyone on this board has had at least one private parking ticket and ignored it (mine was over a year ago). There is no risk in ignoring everything in the absence of sealed, genuine Court papers (which won't come). Just ignore them and the debt collector letters. You can see a preview of the letters to ignore, in the first post of the first thread on this board on MSE:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

You (in fact the registered keeper) will get some free paper aeroplanes (see this Watchdog link to see why that's funny!):

NEVER pay a private parking ticket. Think no more of it apart from to spread the word that only proper parking tickets from the Council or the Police are ever to be taken seriously.

HTH

Thanks for all the replies its good to know that some people know how to go about with this sort of thing. Its been a week now so ive gone over the time to pay the invoice, so whats next? am I expecting threatening letters or people knocking on my door? I heard that noone has been found guilty in court but i get the feeling that somehow ill be the first!

Thanks for all the replies its good to know that some people know how to go about with this sort of thing. Its been a week now so ive gone over the time to pay the invoice, so whats next? am I expecting threatening letters [YES] or people knocking on my door [NO]? I heard that noone has been found guilty in court [TRUE] but i get the feeling that somehow ill be the first! [i DOUBT IT :)]

• 1 month later...

Thanks again for the replies. Ive since had two letters, with the second arriving only today. The charge is up to £120 and its stated that this is the last letter before court action. It seems as if they aren't letting this one go. They do not know who was driving the car yet,as there are two named drivers and i haven't contacted them either. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Thanks again for the replies. Ive since had two letters, with the second arriving only today. The charge is up to £120 and its stated that this is the last letter before court action. It seems as if they aren't letting this one go. They do not know who was driving the car yet,as there are two named drivers and i haven't contacted them either. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Stop worrying. Every one of their victims gets these letters. They will not be going anywhere near a court, as they know they would lose.

Thanks.

What your forgetting is once your in the system the computer is timed to send out these letters probably without human input. Each after a certain length of time, Only deviation is if you appeal the computer will send the appeal unsuccessful letter.If you are foolish enough to pay then you are taken out of the system. Eventually you will have hit the end of the paper trail and they will cease.