style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got home tonight to see an excel ivil enforcement ltd note pushed through my door saying that they today seized my car.. I have no idea what this is for, there is no reference number on the paper, nor is there any mention of what its for? It just says HMCS-02....

It says that the warrant was for £250 and due to their call out today it is now £485.... they added £235 to call out today. I really have no idea what its for, but prior to speaking to the bailiff i thought i would seek the advice of people on here.

The letter says i have 5 days to pay in full before the car is collected and the debt will increase substantially due to the collection of it

Any help advice be it good news or bad will be appreciated.

Thanks

On the point of the car, they cannot seize a car that doesn't belong to you. As the car was in your driveway he will assume that it is. If the car is registered in your partners name then they should cecknon the DBMS to make sure otherwise if they tow it away turns it's theft and you can report to police. Their charges sound high and as they have done an illegal levy then they cannot charge for it.

Your next step is to try and find out what the debt us for, donanchecknin your credit report and you might find out, experian and equifax all

Let you have free trials sonsign up and can before they take money. Try and always use letters an keep detailed reports if times they cone and do not speak over the phone, read the top thread about what they can charge etc and what their and your rights are.

Someone will be on with better info than me, it's only stuff I picked up on here.

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

well its either a council parking ticket or a speeding fine

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Its my understanding that before they can recover a parking charge (which is civil) the claimant would need to have been awarded a CCJ (county court judgment) If its a speeding fine that's different as the unpaid magistrates fine is sufficient for them to impound you vehicle. Also their documentation will almost certainly show the correct reg & if the vehicle in your drive doesn't match then their extra charge is invalid. Also they have probably knowingly threatened to take your partners car in the hope you'll panic & pay up

Look at sticky post 2 and 8, one about levy on someone elses car and also what they can charge

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

the actual reference is WMC231935 the paper this reference is on has a printer reference on it of HMCS-02 although i assume this is the same paper they would use for anyone they pass this note through the door of. The fine due was £250 and they state that they have added £235 for enforcement costs.

Also there is a box on the paper handed that says time called, but this has been left blank. It just says they called on 27/08 and there is no name for the bailiff who called.

does anyone know if the fee of £235 is allowed? I tried reading through the stickies as well as other peoples forums but couldnt work out if there was a limit on an enforcement cost?

With a pregnant partner at home, i dont really want to "anger" a bayliff who could cause a lot of stress for my partner, but at the same time dont want to pay them £235 that they shouldnt legally be asking for.

Thanks

well that thread would seem to mean the fees would be ok if they were added up over the 3 visits that "could" have been made, however the amount owed was £250 prior to the visit and they added £235 on for that visit. What i need to know is before ringing excel, what sort of things should i be saying to them, or what am i allowed to ask for etc?

Thank you all those who have replied and taken the time out of their days to try and help me, its appreciated

Sorry to be the bearer of BAD NEWS but this would almost certainly appear to be an unpaid MAGISTRATES COURT FINE. Unlike a normal parking ticket this is most likely to one that has been issued in a part of the country that has not as yet opted for "decriminalised" parking and it is therefore considered a CRIMINAL offence.

Excel Civil Enforcement together with Swift Credit Services have been awarded the HMCS Contract for Wales and the surrounding regions. I am therefore assuming that this is where you live.

Under the Contract, HMCS have agreed that they can charge an Admin Fee of £75 TOGETHER with a one off visit fee of (I believe £175).

HOWEVER they CANNOT levy against a vehicle that is not owned by you.

If you have no idea what this relates to then you need to urgently contact the local Magistrates Court and provide them with the reference number and from this they can see where documents may have been sent. If you had NOT received the original documents then you can file a Statutory Declaration. This will cancel all enforcement.

Under the Contract, HMCS have agreed that they can charge an Admin Fee of £75 TOGETHER with a one off visit fee of (I believe £175).

The contract doesnt say the £75 fee (or any other fee as to that matter) is charged to the debtor.

Read the terms of the contract, the fee is deducted from the amount the debtor has been fined and the bailiff pays the balance to court.

Professional property investor and conveyancer