jackie1

Zero hour contract and holiday pay entitlement help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3638 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi i have been working part time for my employer for almost a year. The amount of hours i have worked each week has differed depending on how busy i am at uni. I have filled in a holiday form requesting 2 weeks holiday, and this was accepted, but my employer did not mention any holiday pay. After a quick google i think i am entitled to some holiday pay even though i am a casual worker on a zero hour contract.

Could someone please tell me how i would work out how much i am entitled to?

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You should receive an average of the pay for the 12 weeks preceding the holiday.

If you did no work, and received no pay, for any of those weeks keep going back until you have 12 weeks when you received payment and use those weeks to calculate the average.

You should receive an average of the pay for the 12 weeks preceding the holiday.

If you did no work, and received no pay, for any of those weeks keep going back until you have 12 weeks when you received payment and use those weeks to calculate the average.

Hi many thanks for your reply. I worked out i have worked for 36 days out of the last 60 possible days (5 days a week for 12 weeks).

How would this be converted for the 2 weeks i am on holiday?

Thanks

As the number of hours worked per week vary, it may be better to work this out in hours rather than days.

So, add up the total number of hours worked in the 12 weeks preceding the booked holiday.

(If in any of those weeks you did no work keep going back until you have 12 weeks when you did work.)

Then divide the total number of hours by 12.

This will give you the number of hours you should be paid for each of your 2 weeks holiday.

e.g.

216 - number of hours worked in the last 12 working weeks

/ 12

= 18 hours holiday pay per week.