alanfromderby

BT admit billing error - but then say they can't do anything about it!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been happily going on paying my BT bill by quarterly "full bill" direct debit. Then this morning I see that they have taken £15.83 out of my account without any warning whatsoever.

It seems that they have changed their billing system, and have had to migrate accounts over to the new system. However, in doing so they have switched my account to "monthly" direct debit in error - which appears to be why this payment request was activated as an adjustment. Apparently, I should have had an email to tell me that this payment would be taken - but on checking my email it has not been received.

Due to someone's unilateral decision to change me to monthly dd, I have been told I will get a bill during September, where I was not expecting to have to pay another until the end of October/beginning of November.

Okay I can probably handle it, but during time when people have to budget every penny, to suddenly have to pay something a month early is just not on. It even appears that I cannot be simply put back onto quarterly dd - I have to wait until after the bill arrives next month!

So, BT can mess up your account, apologise for the error, but still not agree to put it right for you.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

This is BT's code of practice

http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/RegulatoryandPublicaffairs/Codeofpractice/Consumercodeofpractice/BTResidentialCodeofPractice.pdf

(pages 17 and 18 are the interesting bits)

In your shoes the first step I'd take is outlining my concerns to this address, giving them what I would consider to be a reasonable outcome:

Customer Service Manager

BT Customer Correspondence Centre

Providence Row

Durham

DH98 1BT.

Also include that should they not agree and provide what you want, you request a "DEADLOCK" letter so you can escalate the complaint further.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Worth a go - although I already have a chat log where I specifically asked them to confirm that there was nobody at BT that could resolve my issue, and the chap said there was not.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Direct Debit Guarantee perhaps

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]