pupstermum

Help! Asset Link/capital one default from anglian windows

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3631 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

How can I remove a default notice against my name from Asset link?

I posted originally in 2007 in the forum Capital one (Help! Asset Link is taking me to court)

In brief, I purchased a conservatory from anglian in 2002 for £11200 and although offered to pay in full was persuaded to take on an interest free finance agreement which I paid by direct debit for 12 months with no penalty for the balance being paid in full. After this finished, I never heard anything again from the company. In 2004 I moved into my present address, and in 2007 received a letter from Asset link saying i still owed for the conservatory - interest had been added each month without my knowledge. My loa was £11 700, charge £45

6/8/02 deposit paid £1755

1st payment £277.22 then 10 monthly payments £232.22 and final payment of £7390.58 totalling £11745.

Anglian refused to comment on this - I felt there must have been a computer error or a rogue salesperson! Following brilliant advice on this forum, I never heard anything again from them.

I telephoned Northampton court this week and they say they never heard anything again either.

So how can they put this default against my name?

Is there anything atall I can do? Please help!!! Melanie

Hi,

Something very wrong here.

You took the loan out in 2002, paid it off in 2003 therefore even if a legitimate default was placed, that would have been early 2004. The default stays on file for 6 years so by rights, this should have fallen off by now. If the default is recent, I would complain to the CRA and the DCA as defaults have to be placed in a timely manner, certainly no later than 6 months after the first missed payment.

Trying to get copies of any paperwork from Anglian will be hard as they only have to keep documents for 6 years after closure of the account but it may be worth sending them a SAR to see if they have anything. I would suggest you do the same with Cap1.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for that - I could not find an address for the CRA through the link (am assuming that is the Credit Referral Agency??). If I write to Asset Link should I just ask why the default is there and when it was put on. Is there anything legal I can quote at them? Thanks very much Melanie

I was under the impression you had got a copy of your credit report.

Here are the web sites for the 3 Credit Reference Agencies

http://www.experian.co.uk/contact-us/index.html

http://www.equifax.com/home/en_us

http://www.callcredit.co.uk/

You will be able to find contact details on there

I don't know of anything legal you can throw at the Debt Collection Agency but I would be threatening them with a complaint to the Information Commissioner for placing this default

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE