Trying to get payment arrangement with wonga...HELP!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I recently (26/08) defaulted on a loan from wonga and wrote to them following advice I found on these forums.

I changed my bank account and emailed a few addresses - balance offers, collections etc with an offer of nothing this month (cannot really afford it ) followed by a standing order of £100 a month for 15 months every 26th starting in September. They replied with:

Please note that we cannot agree to any payment arrangement without a payment.*

Our banking details as follows:*

Account no: 21544926*

Sort code: 40-06-09*

Loan reference: 000005326681

Please make a payment to show your intentions then contact us to stop the interest and charges. The maximum we can set up an arrangement via email is 3 months if you need any longer than this then I would recommended you call with the payment and arrange at the same time.

You can also make a part payment online then contact us or call us to make a payment.

Whilst the account is over-due, interest and charges will be applied to the account and letters issued to protect our interests, until an arrangement is in place.

Please contact us on telephone number 0844 842 9109 so that we can discuss your situation and the terms of a mutually acceptable arrangement for payment of the account.*Our offices are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.*

We await your call.

Kind regards,

Collections Team

I have replies reiterating my offer but so far no reply. They are also adding interest at it seems about 30 a day! Can anyone advise me as to what to do next?

Thanks everyone

Does the total amount they are asking includes interest and default fees? If so you should now only pay back the original amount you borrowed. They have no legal powers and can only harrass you if you allow them to.

I would NOT pay them £100 a month for 15 months, you can't have borrowed more than £1000 from them can you? Take out the fees and interest and that is what is the REAL amount you should pay.

Hi, the debt to repay was £1417 - it has been rolling over for over 12 months, so I got sick of it and simply defaulted this month. I'm looking to tie them into a payment arrangement but they only asked me to call them? They added 30 quid interest yesterday and I think more today and I am worried that they will spin that out for as long as possible for agreeing to any plan? What should I do next?

What did you originally borrow? That is what you now owe, NOT the 1417 they claim plus added interest and fees.

The ORIGINAL loan amount is what is owed after rolling over for 12 months, most courts would laugh at the continued interest charges and default fees.

HI, thanks for your reply. The original loan this month was £850 - I'm reading that from my Wonga account. However I think I topped it up a couple of times, which Wonga doesn't say. My repayment is now 1450. Do I really need to just leave them to it then? Surely they are legally protected as I did essentially sign up for this and I am digging a deeper hole until such time as I get the interest frozen? That's my primary aim at the moment. - Any further advice guys...

Wonga usually back down in the end and have recently been sending out offers to repay pretty much the original amount borrowed. Personally I wouldnt pay them anything until they agree to accept perhaps £900 in total max. There offer e-mail address was [email protected].

Keep to your guns and dont agree to pay them back the sort of figures they are asking for. Also insist on a reasonable repayment schedule.