Denzyl

Capquest Help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3639 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anybody help me?

I have fallen on hard times and now im unable to pay the full amount on my monthly load to CITI Financial. I have been sending them letter after letter since March asking if they could freeze the interest and accept a lower payment (just under 50% of the agreed monthly amount) until my finances recover but they have never bothered to reply. I have however had letters telling me I have had charges added to my account due to non payment.

Then today I have received a text message and a letter from CAPQUEST saying that CITI have sold my debt to them. Interestingly I also received a letter supposedly from CITI stating they have sold the debt to CAPQUEST. Both are dated the 24th August and arrived today on the 26th.

Upon reading a few posts on here I looked closer at the 2 letters and it’s now crystal clear that the letter from CITI isn’t actually real at all. The idiots at CAPQUEST have clearly just typed up the letter on a cheap piece of plain A4 paper and printed the CITI logo on the top left. I have compared this to previous correspondence from CITI and they are nothing alike.

I then looked at the envelope the 2 letters arrived in and as expected, CAPQUESTS envelope stated it was from their office in Fleet. However the envelope used for the “CITI” letter had a different PO Box printed on the back. Further investigation has now shown me that this PO Box belongs to CAPQUEST in Bristol so its impossible for this letter to have been sent from CITI.

I have contacted CITI to complain that they have not written back to acknowledge my request to make a lower payment and to ask if they have any record of sending me any letter stating they were selling my debt on. They have confirmed that they have not sent any letter and I am now going to send them a copy of their own letter.

Im thinking they should have either acknowledged my request and also wrote to inform me they are selling on my debt but as of today, I have received neither.

Surely this is fraud committed by CAPQUEST but I don’t know what to do next.

HELP PLEASE

Im not entirely up on the correct body to complain to but I would approach trading standards, FOS and write to capquest ( the idiots) and inform them that sending falsified letter is a criminal offence IMO constitutes harrassment.

Im not sure if a call to the police would be over cooking it, Im sure one of the more experienced menbers will have an opinion on that.

It's quite common for DCA's to do this, and according to the courts there is nothing wrong with it.