Capital One...charges, PPI and CCA help

Little Lady81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

Any advice would be most gratefully recieved....I have a debt with Cap One and due to circumstance have only made one payment since May. I have CCA'd Cap One and received an agreement (I signed in 2004) which I believe to be unenforceable and I have sent several letters my final one quoting case laws etc and by recorded delivery asking them to wipe the debt and all I am getting is chased for payment off them and their agents even though I have complained to Ombudsman about them. I'm not really sure where to go with it from here. I also have some PPIlink3.gif and charges to claim back from them, should I have done this before CCA'ing them and can anyone offer advice of how to go about this?

Thanks

1) Send Cap One a SAR and a £10 postal order, you will need to sign the SAR or they will write back and tell you they won't deal with it until you do. Sign and put a line through or some dots so you know in future if they have lifted your signature.

2) Once you get your SAR back you will find all of the charges etc that they have charged plus PPI and so on

3) Do 2 different spreadsheets one for chrges, one for PPI payments, and then let the spreadsheet add the 8% to those amounts

4) Write 2 letters, one for charges one for PPI and then send them to Cap One asking for your money back

5) Laugh at their response

6) Ignore their response and then send them a LBA

7) Issue a court summons because they will not settle unless you agree the amount that they offer is suitable (it won't be)

8) Accept settlement off Cap One before actually going to court

All of the steps above are what will happen, any letters, spreadsheets etc just ask. The main thing you need for now is to get that list of charges so you know how much to claim back.

Hi,

When sending the SAR to Cap1, don't give them any excuse to delay. If you have moved since you took the agreement out, include your previous address(es)

There is another way to stop anyone lifting your signature, copy and paste this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19364&d=1277325754

I am going to disagree with letsdothis in one small way.:)

I would reclaim contractual interest and not statutory interest. Why should they charge you 25% plus and you only charge them 8%

This is a link to some letters. Letter 11

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors.html

there has been a few probs with peeps not being able to access the link. If that happens just shout

Edited by silverfox1961
added link

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE