Flight Company Changes Flight Times

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there everybody, a friend referred me to these forums, he tells me this is the best place on the net to find advice about this kind of thing. I am praying he's right, and I fly a lot so perhaps I can help other people on this site too.

Okay so I booked my holiday with my GF weeks ago now, for the 10th Sept - 17th of Sept. From Stuttgart to Majorca. (My GF is German, and I'm staying with her over summer)

Everything seemed fine, until this morning Expedia called to inform us that our flight times with Condor have changed, from

Depart Stuttgart, 10th 5:55am... Return 17th 12:55pm

to

Depart Palma 10th 3:00pm... Return 17th 6:55pm

My girlfriend, dazed as she'd just woke up, agreed to the change. She told me she had no choice anyway, as even if we disagreed, we'd be without a holiday, or have to pay for much more expensive flights if we rebooked...

I rang both Condor and Expedia to ask if any form of compensation can be claimed for this, as really, we miss a whole day of our holiday through arriving at around 5pm (after hotel transfer, 6pm)... Which totally sucks, as we end up with only 6 days, which isn't something we agreed to pay for. We also leave Majorca at 6pm, which gives us a whole day of walking around with our suitcases.

Both Condor and Expedia played me around, 4 calls infact, telling me to call the other company and claiming they were not responsible until finally Condor told me I wasn't entitled to anything, since my GF had agreed to it.

Does anyone know what I can do to claim something for this? It seems against my rights as I bought a set flight and so I expect that fight. I wouldn't buy a Ferrari and settle for a Skoda so how is this different? Am I entitled for anything or am I stuck with these dire flights we've been given now? Has anybody had a similar experience?

Many thanks.

Luke.