Holiday booking

ty capel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have recently booked and paid for a holiday in full from thomson.I was ment to be going 29th sept 2010 but just found out hotel not built.

They have offered me a n hotel but not same standard.The ones with same standrd are 500 pounds more and they wont pay the differance.

I have been offered 200 pounds compensation and my money back but really wanted the holiday.Does this seem fair

Regards

Mike

They cannot give you what they do not have. Their offer of compensation has to be reasonable, and £200 seems to be reasonable, providing this is not simply a discount on a different holiday. The difference (the £500) can be explained by the fact it is a new development, as many property owners provide a lower price to cover difficulties until all the niggles are ironed out. If they're not willing to reconsider, your only recoursae woud be court, with no guarantee that you would win (as they offered compensation).

Would £200 be suitable compensation for staying in a lower standard accommodation? (i.e. what is the price drop?)

Thanks to the recession, there are still many last minute vacancies, so if a full refund is on offer, perhaps you should look round to see if you could book something even better for the same money?

I have moved your thread over to the holiday forum :)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 months later...

Has this been sorted yet?

"Cannot give you what they haven't got" is simply not good enough, stinks of somebody who works for a tour operator or travel agent. You have MASSIVE rights to redress under these conditions... some criminal! Oh yes, you could tie the holiday company's time up defending this one.

Are they ABTA members? I assume it was a package you booked?

If you can be bothered you could deal with this in a 3 pronged fork approach and really upset them. I could do with a bit more info but if you are still interested post on here that you are! Also update us as to where you are upto or if it is resolved.

• 1 year later...