Default with Vodafone, Help!

AlanY91

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I've been looking through the forums after searching about help available if a mobile phone contract resulted in a default on your credit file and I'm begging for any help or advice that's available. I'm a 19 year old unemployed person who's soon to enter student life and only noticed the default when I requested my credit file not so long ago.

I'd entered into my Vodafone contract in July '09 and was pleased with everything and had no issues with the service whatsoever, unfortunately I then left my job in August '09 as I'd planned to progress to university but didn't manage to get the grades expected of me. This left me with 22 months of a contract which I was unable to keep up payments to but tried to the best I could.

A long story short I was forced into a gap year in which I was unemployed and unable to pay off the contract which then led to the collected debt being passed onto a debt collection agency. In desperate need I managed to get a part-time job with my dad and managed to pay off the outstanding debt through the agency by March of this year and thought that it was the end of the debt.

I then decided to check my credit file as a friend told me the delayed payments may have affected my credit report, which you can imagine for anyone as young as myself to have a bad credit rating is very worrying for the future. Upon checking my report with Credit Expert there is a default for £77 set from 14/02/2010 and as a soon-to-be student I'm very worried about having a default against my name and don't know what I can do to try and resolve it. I'd truly be grateful if anyone could offer me advice on what I can do to rectify it as it is a big worry to me if after university I'm not able to obtain any form of finance to help me.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Alan

Well, you've come to the right place to get this listened to by someone with a common sense approach. Follow this advice:-

Hi
CAG
link31.gif
members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on
CAG
link31.gif
is with the very best of intentions.

Vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately and securely using the ‘Contact us’ form on the Vodafone website with your account details.

https://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/s...PARTITION_ID=1

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is – and state the code WRT135 within the body of your email to make sure it comes through to us.As soon as we’ve received your email we’ll endeavour to get back to you as quickly as possible.

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

CAG members contacting us, add the code WRT135 in the subject line in order ensure that email gets routed into our queue.

and Someone from the Vodafone Webteam will take a look and see what they can do.

Of course there is no guarantee, but it's definatly worth a shot.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks for the quick response!

I've e-mailed as suggested and am hopeful on getting everything sorted! It's great that there are resources like the forum here to help and assist people in situations like these :D

That's great. You'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post that here and it will help the webteam locate your email and deal with this ASAP.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

That looks a lot like it! Now we wait for Lee or Kirsty to work their magic :p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi Alan,

I can see that locutus has been a great help while I've been away - thanks again locutus, your help is always welcome.

Although I'm away from the office after today until 6th September I'll flag this with my colleagues and one of them will get back to you as soon as possible.

Whilst we can't guarantee the outcome you can rest assured that your case will be reviewed fairly.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Bumping this thread up. I've messaged Kirsty (a Vodafone Company Rep the same as Lee) (Lee spends more time on CAG but Kirsty has nicer legs I believe :razz:) hopefully they will give you some update Alan

to

C.A.G. Toolbar