1st Credit........Are they serious?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week i got the standard letter "We are trying to contact the above named, bla,bla,bla!

Today 2 letters.

1st letter reads.

Re your agreement with YORKSHIRE BANK

Relating to account no: ********

Balance outstanding £126.07

We write to introduce 1st credit to you.

YORKSHIRE BANK has assigned to 1st Credit (finance) Ltd the full outstanding balance due under the agreement referred to above. As a result of this assignment, the full amount outstanding is due to 1st Credit (finance) Ltd immediately.

As the outstanding balance is owed to 1st Credit (finance) Ltd you should not make any payments to YORKSHIRE BANK as it will take significantly longer to process the payment onto your account. To discharge your outstanding balance, you now need to to make payment direct to the appointed servicing agent 1st Credit (finance) Ltd at the above address.

We ask you to contact this office immediately so we can agree payment terms with you. Failure on your part to do this will result in more formal recovery proceedings being taken against you.

In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we will comply with any request for a copy of the personal information about you that is held on our computer system.

Send your request, along with the administration fee of £10.00 and a self addressed envelope to the above address.

Please contact us on 0843 320 0000 your reference is *******

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER

The second letter is offering me a 30% discount if i pay within the next 5 days.

I have never had an account with Yorkshire bank EVER.

To my knowledge i have never even entered a branch of that bank, i am certain they have got the wrong person.

Advice please!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably a fishing trip and you have the same name as the debtor

just send them this letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

and remember, don't sign it just print.

DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY PERSONAL DETAILS OR ANY PHONE NUMBERS

Another member had the same problem yesterday with the link, I don't know what the problem is, works for me, anyway here is the letter

A letter used when a debt collection agency contacts you about an unknown debt. Red script is editable

Name/Address:

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

There are two trains of thought with letters like these.

1. Ignore it, they havent managed to trace the right person and are on an phishing excercise, it may be that you have the same surname as someone they are after.

2. Send the letter from the templates library that states you have no knowledge of the debt : http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Personally I would ignore it!

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Just a little pointer if 1st Crud are''unhelpful'' address letters to Mr.Najiid Nathoo who

is supposed to be in charge of compliance, he doesn't like being contacted,it took me

3 weeks to get the name of the compliance manager.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Just a little pointer if 1st Crud are''unhelpful'' address letters to Mr.Najiid Nathoo who

is supposed to be in charge of compliance, he doesn't like being contacted,it took me

3 weeks to get the name of the compliance manager.

He is the person who owns the wretched company

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Hi cannot access that link above, just get error 404 message.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you for that link Elsa, I'll bear that in mind if these idiots carry on writing to me demanding i pay off a debt which is obviously not mine.

As i stated in my 1st post, i have never had an account with Yorkshire bank and never plan to!

• 2 weeks later...

Today i received the following letter.

Thank you for your letter dated 26 August 2010.

We note your assertion that you have "no knowledge" of any debt owing to Yorkshire bank. We further note your request for further information to substantiate the outstanding debt.

I write to confirm we have today requested evidence of your debt from Yorkshire bank.

I can confirm the outstanding amount relates to an outstanding balance, owing on what was formerly a Currant account with Yorkshire bank, later assigned to 1st Credit Limited on 11 July 2003.

Once we are in receipt of evidence to substantiate the debt was shall contact you again. in the meantime we confirm the account has been placed on hold.

I note you appear to have made repayments as recently as May 2008, via our agents MacKenzie Hall. Should this information assist you in identifying the outstanding debt, please contact us to arrange further payments.

1st of all as i have stated previously i have never had an account with Yorkshire bank.

2nd, I have never heard of MacKenzie Hall and have certainly never paid them anything in my 54 years, never mind 2 years ago!

What baffles me is they state that they are going to request evidence, surely if they had no evidence then why would they send me a demand for a debt in the 1st place?

Also if, as they state the debt is from 2003 then surely it's statute barred anyway, and i can assure you i have never dealt with MacKenzie Hall EVER so how can they state that i payed them in 2008 when this is a downright lie?